mikael_monten
Star I
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Description: Trying to install touchpad driver
Model: UX480F
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Reset OS: No

Hi! I've downloaded the Touchpad driver from the Support page, extracted the folder with the drivers in and got to the readme with the steps for the installation. When I go into the folder and open Windows PowerShell as an administrator via the File button and enter ".\Install_PTP.bat", it just says, ".\Install_PTP.bat : The term '.\Install_PTP.bat' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again. At line:1 char:1 + .\Install_PTP.bat + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (.\Install_PTP.bat:String) [], CommandNotFoundException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException" When I try just running the Windows Batch File named Install_Screenpad the cmd program flashes quickly but then nothing happens, I've seen nothing indicating that a driver has been installed. Also as a sidenote I've got 2 other questions. I accidentally uninstalled the ScreenPad Office app, now when I re-install it it doesn't show up in the ScreenPad menu, how do I solve this? And also, how many hard drive slots are there in this laptop? Is it possible to add an extra SSD, and in that case what kind of SSD and would it void warranty? Thanks in advance! wountain
4 REPLIES 4

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
Just now i downloaded the driver, i extracted the file, then in found that "Install_PTP.bat" is missing you cant install it instead, use "Install_Screenpad.bat", then you will be able to install the screen pad driver. And thanks to your post, because i found updated ATK package and ICEsound driver from your model website, i have installed

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello wountain, Please install the drivers and apps by below order 1. Asus ScreenPad Display Driver 2. ASUS Precision Touchpad (ScreenPad) 3. Screenpad toolbar 4. Screenpad Apps (Screenpad Office) There are 2 port for you to install SSD, 1 should have been used. 1 M.2 2280 SATA and PCIE port 1 2.5 inch SATA port. Dismantling the device yourself will lost warranty. Thank you.

mikael_monten
Star I
blake_ASUS posted on 2019/11/13 08:52 Hello wountain, Please install the drivers and apps by below order 1. Asus ScreenPad Display Driver
I dont know if I dare uninstall the Screenpad toolbar knowing it might just not get reinstalled properly. I have a few Screenpad apps on my toolbar but far from all. Will I be able to update to Screenpad 2.0? And when would that be in that case? Best regards

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Last edited by blake_ASUS on 2019/11/18 10:51
wountain posted on 2019/11/16 08:44 I dont know if I dare uninstall the Screenpad toolbar knowing it might just not get reinstalled pr ...
Hello wountain, I'm a bit confused about what you mean. if the drivers and toolbar are not installed by the order above, screenpad might not work properly. Since you were installing the second one directly, and some error occurred. so I think it would be better for your to install all drivers all over again. And screenpad 1.0 will be able to be updated to Screenpad 2.0 please kindly wait for the update notice. Thank you.