Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ZenBook Pro 14 UX480 Internal speakers suddenly not working

blase65
Star I
To troubleshoot, in Windows 10, I did the following:
Plugged in earphones on the stereo mini jack on the right side. Audio from You Tube can be heard.
Plugged out the earphones. Cannot hear anymore through the internal speakers.
Went to Device Manager. Internal speakers. Sound section. Reinstalled the Realtech Audio drivers. Problem not solved. There is nothing wrong with the software.
Set Windows Cap locks Toggle - Sound on. Press Caps on and off. You can hear the sound on the earphones but not internal speakers.
I have a bad feeling the hardware has gone wrong. I have never heard of speakers getting blown or going faulty in a note book. But here it is. Happening on my Asus notebook. So disappointing!
5 REPLIES 5

FongPoui
Rising Star II
@blase65
I sometimes have a sound problem when I connect to my meta quest 2 headset whose audio bluetooth is connected to my zenbook. The automatic switching is not work (sometimes). So I need to open the system and
normal-sound1.png
click on sound to see which audio device is selected.

FongPoui
Rising Star II
sound-oculus-quest2.png
Sometimes, I have a problem with the automatic selection...

Falcon_ASUS
blase65

To troubleshoot, in Windows 10, I did the following:

Plugged in earphones on the stereo mini jack on the right side. Audio from You Tube can be heard.

Plugged out the earphones. Cannot hear anymore through the internal speakers.

Went to Device Manager. Internal speakers. Sound section. Reinstalled the Realtech Audio drivers. Problem not solved. There is nothing wrong with the software.

Set Windows Cap locks Toggle - Sound on. Press Caps on and off. You can hear the sound on the earphones but not internal speakers.

I have a bad feeling the hardware has gone wrong. I have never heard of speakers getting blown or going faulty in a note book. But here it is. Happening on my Asus notebook. So disappointing!

@blase65
If you have tried reinstalling the audio driver but the situation remains the same, there may be a problem with the internal speakers. I would suggest you bring back your laptop to our service center.
The following is the contact information: 
http://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/
Also you can contact the local service center for help. The following is the contact information: 
http://www.asus.com/support/CallUs#
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

techguy150
Star II
Run the Playing audio troubleshoot - open Start > Settings > Update & security > Troubleshoot Scroll down, select Playing audio Click Run the troubleshooter When complete, restart your computer then check if audio is working again.