Battery or AC:
Model: Asus Zenbook pro duo UX582HS
Frequency of occurrence: always
Reset OS: yes
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Hi 🙂
I have an issue with the sleep mode. I have never had same issues using other brand laptops. I have set power options as recommended and balanced. Screen switch off in 2 minutes, sleep in 10 minutes. But the issue is that it goes sleep once screen is switch off, even if I have a running process. I'm using laptop sometimes for rendering which takes 30-60-90 minutes and of course I can't sit and touch mouse every minute to prevent him to sleep. During the render (in performance mode) all CPU and fans are working on max and once screen goes off all fans are stopped and sometimes my rendering still go but most often it stops as well. Please help I want normal working machine. Maybe I don't understand something but my other laptops switch off the screen but not going to sleep during running process such a rendering. Since it is OLED screen I can't keep screen on all the time.
3 REPLIES 3

Falcon_ASUS
Malina
  1. System: Windows 11
  2. Battery or AC:
  3. Model: Asus Zenbook pro duo UX582HS
  4. Frequency of occurrence: always
  5. Reset OS: yes
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

Hi 🙂

I have an issue with the sleep mode. I have never had same issues using other brand laptops. I have set power options as recommended and balanced. Screen switch off in 2 minutes, sleep in 10 minutes. But the issue is that it goes sleep once screen is switch off, even if I have a running process. I'm using laptop sometimes for rendering which takes 30-60-90 minutes and of course I can't sit and touch mouse every minute to prevent him to sleep. During the render (in performance mode) all CPU and fans are working on max and once screen goes off all fans are stopped and sometimes my rendering still go but most often it stops as well. Please help I want normal working machine. Maybe I don't understand something but my other laptops switch off the screen but not going to sleep during running process such a rendering. Since it is OLED screen I can't keep screen on all the time.

ASUS Zenbook Power/Sleep problem
@Malina
Could you please tell me the version number of the OS you are currently using?
Which version of Windows operating system am I running?Also, have you updated your BIOS to the latest?
[Notebook] How to update BIOS in Windows | Official Support | ASUS GlobalSorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
Malina
  1. System: Windows 11
  2. Battery or AC:
  3. Model: Asus Zenbook pro duo UX582HS
  4. Frequency of occurrence: always
  5. Reset OS: yes
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

Hi 🙂

ASUS Zenbook Power/Sleep problem
Set sleep time After to never in battery mode and in AC mode..
Set power plan to High performance because you using rendering purpose.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.