This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Zenbook Flip 15, UX562FD, Flicker grey lines camera using ac mode, even with external camera.

luaytabbarah
Star II
System: Win 10, even tested on ubuntu, bios version: .306
Battery or AC: on AC
Model: Asus Zenbook Flip 15 UX562FD
Frequency of occurrence everytime after using the camera for longer than i think a minute on AC
Reset OS: the both different OS's have the same problem:
Screenshot or video: https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/TWCUE0LWBXN6/whatsapp-video.mp4
========================
Detailed description:
both cameras have this problem and even an external third usb camera has the same problem on this laptop
tried another charger with no success, all the apps have the problem with there camera flicker problem with grey lines and blinking green color for an instant covering the whole camera screen
it is also mentioned here in the following link and said it was fixed with the bios version .308, which i don't have for my model
Quarter
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Description: Grey lines and green flicker on webcam when using AC power
Model: UX533FD
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Reset OS: No

Last edited by Quarter on 2019/12/9 09:37

As described above, the webcam image has grey lines and occasional green flickers. This only occurs when AC power is plugged in, everything works perfectly when using battery. I have removed and re-installed drivers with no success.

This is a brand new laptop that I removed from the box yesterday.

I see that there are two other questions with the same issue, but no answer has been provided. Is this a hardware issue and do I need to return my laptop or is there a software fix?
Grey lines and green flicker on webcam when using AC power
the same is shown also here:
https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/ww_attachments/201912/09/093709j4nppk424p3yzxz0.gif
my video:

2 REPLIES 2

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi there,
PM sent.
Please kindly check.
Thank you.

luaytabbarah
Star II
Blake_ASUS

Hi there,