System: Windows 10
Battery or AC:
Model: ZENBOOK DELUXE 3 UX490UA 
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
After I own it since 1 year and 8 month it seems that the display of the laptop is suddenly defective. I´m very dissapointed, that after such a short time this can happen. The laptop is mainly in stationary use and is not carried around much. It is optically in a very good condition. Running the laptop on an external monitor, it is working normaly. I tested all the F-keys but the screen stays black. So to me it seems the display has to be replaced. I´m really wondering about this quality... I still have an old macbook pro 17" and never had a problem except the replacement of the battery after years.
3 REPLIES 3

MotoWiZ
Rising Star II
You're lucky, I have a Macbook Pro 13 with touchbar from 2016 and had to replace keyboard and battery (under warranty) and complete motherboard, ssd, cpu, memory, etc (it's all bundled) and add to pay around 700 eur... the only thing that hadn't been replaced, yet and hopefully never, was the screen.
This to say that this kind of comparison are not helpfull. Machines can break and have to be replaced as a whole or some parts... lucky you for being in the two year warranty period...

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello tojomi57,
We are really sorry for this bad experience.
Please kindly send the device to our service center for further examination and repair.
Thank you.

tojomi57
Star I
Had to replace the display (out of warranty-period). Working again! After this experience I would not buy ASUS again!