cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Zenbook 15 2018 model: CPU fan doesn't work even at high loads & high temp

System: Windows 11
Battery or AC: both
Model: ASUS Zenbook UX533FD
Frequency of occurrence: every new startup: I reset Windows and updates all over, occurs again
Reset OS: both Windows 10 & Windows 11 have this problem
========================
Detailed description:The fan that is on the left side (CPU fan) does not run at all. The problem lies within the drivers for the fan, because sometimes I tampered with updating and uninstalling drivers all over and it just magically worked somehow, but after a while (no updates) and turning off the laptop, it won't work for the next startup. The drivers I suspect are the Asus System Control Interface and the MyAsus app itself, but I don't know if that's correct. I really need some help about this, I have tried uninstalling and updating drivers for some months.
2 REPLIES 2

Falcon_ASUS
minhannguyencao
  1. System: Windows 11
  2. Battery or AC: both
  3. Model: ASUS Zenbook UX533FD
  4. Frequency of occurrence: every new startup: I reset Windows and updates all over, occurs again
  5. Reset OS: both Windows 10 & Windows 11 have this problem

========================

Detailed description:The fan that is on the left side (CPU fan) does not run at all. The problem lies within the drivers for the fan, because sometimes I tampered with updating and uninstalling drivers all over and it just magically worked somehow, but after a while (no updates) and turning off the laptop, it won't work for the next startup. The drivers I suspect are the Asus System Control Interface and the MyAsus app itself, but I don't know if that's correct. I really need some help about this, I have tried uninstalling and updating drivers for some months.

ASUS Zenbook 15 2018 model: CPU fan doesn't work even at high loads & high temp
@minhannguyencao
According to what you described, I would recommend you to backup your data and restore the system.
[Windows 11/10] How to reset the PC and remove all of my personal files, apps and settings | Officia...If the problem persists,  please contact ASUS repair center in the country of your residence: https://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.