Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus UX581GV freezing randomly

aaaaaab
Star I
System: Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H2
Battery or AC: AC, under load and idle - doesn't matter
Model: UX581GV
Frequency of occurrence: sometimes 10 times per day, sometimes 1 time in a week. Completely random
Reset OS: Yes
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
I have the following problem with my laptop (Asus UX581) - it freezes randomly throughout the day.
- sometimes when browsing, sometimes just in idle, sometimes in games, sometimes when rendering a scene in blender
- sometimes I have no freeze for 10 days, other times I have 10 freezes in 1 day
- asus support just tells me to uninstall some new windows update everytime. This sort of "reduces" the amount of freezes sometimes (might also be placebo effect?) but usually the freezes come back anyway. Also most of the time windows doesn't allow me to uninstall some new updates
- all drivers are up to date
- I ran a few stress tests with temp log enabled and didn't see any high temps or crashes here really
- last week I uninstalled some asus control panel software to see if that was the issue. The freezes were gone so I let the laptop run for a whole week without any crashes rendering frames in Blender. Then suddenly the last 2-3 days now I got freezes multiple times a day again. I have no idea why
- no update or drivers have been installed during this time.
Is there any way I can figure out why these crashes are happening or how I could fix it? I have the laptop screen turned off and 2 1080p monitors connected. (1x HDMI + 1x HDMI via a USB-C hub) I have the nvidia studio drivers installed.
Also without monitors connected and only the main monitor active I get freezes.

Similar topics:
bohushvitali
  1. System: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional (x64) Build 18363.1049 (1909/November 2019 Update) / Microsoft Windows 10 Professional (x64) Build 19041.450 (2004/May 2020 Update) - offered in Windows Update Center
  2. Battery or AC: No difference. Idle / Under load - No difference
  3. Model: ZenBook Pro Duo UX581GV
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Multiple times per day
  5. Reset OS: Yes. Using F9 with ASUS Factory Image
  6. Screenshot or video: Playlist on Youtube playlist?list=PLChcXj5lTvV_R7jAvodFAXEkYl9LvQNG8

========================

Detailed description:

Laptop freezes with images of both screens (Hard Reboot required)

Laptop freezes with image on main screen and horizontal lines on very bottom of the Screenpad (Hard Reboot required)

Laptop freezes with glitches on the Screenpad. Fans starting to spin quickly with loud noise. After 15 secs reboots automatically.

Laptop continue to work but Screenpad has glitches on the left side (Running Asus ScreenPad optimizer doesn't solve the issue)

Laptop continue to work but Screenpad refresh rate drops so flickering is visible to eye (Running Asus ScreenPad optimizer doesn't solve the issue)

All the latest utils, drivers, BIOS installed. Hardware diagnostic in MyAsus shows OK

Issue still present. After that I made factory reset several times and carefully updated and installed software.

Could you please help me identify the faulty component.

Assumptions:

Faulty Power controller

Faulty Screenpad controller

Faulty BIOS Firmware

Faulty GPU adapter

The laptop has been in RMA with this issue. Factory image was restored and it was returned with report that all tests passed.

Returning device though the store is impossible due to exceeding number of days of return policy.

is this issue familiar to other of the owners of this model? Is there known solutions?

What action can I expect from Asus in this case?

Thanks

ASUS Zenbook Pro Duo UX581 freezes
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/41657/freezing-asus-zenbook-pro-duo-ux581#latest
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/43244/zenbook-pro-duo-ux581gv-official-support-for-windows-10...

2 REPLIES 2

Falcon_ASUS
aaaaaab
  1. System: Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H2
  2. Battery or AC: AC, under load and idle - doesn't matter
  3. Model: UX581GV
  4. Frequency of occurrence: sometimes 10 times per day, sometimes 1 time in a week. Completely random
  5. Reset OS: Yes
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

I have the following problem with my laptop (Asus UX581) - it freezes randomly throughout the day.

- sometimes when browsing, sometimes just in idle, sometimes in games, sometimes when rendering a scene in blender

- sometimes I have no freeze for 10 days, other times I have 10 freezes in 1 day

- asus support just tells me to uninstall some new windows update everytime. This sort of "reduces" the amount of freezes sometimes (might also be placebo effect?) but usually the freezes come back anyway. Also most of the time windows doesn't allow me to uninstall some new updates

- all drivers are up to date

- I ran a few stress tests with temp log enabled and didn't see any high temps or crashes here really

- last week I uninstalled some asus control panel software to see if that was the issue. The freezes were gone so I let the laptop run for a whole week without any crashes rendering frames in Blender. Then suddenly the last 2-3 days now I got freezes multiple times a day again. I have no idea why

- no update or drivers have been installed during this time.

Is there any way I can figure out why these crashes are happening or how I could fix it? I have the laptop screen turned off and 2 1080p monitors connected. (1x HDMI + 1x HDMI via a USB-C hub) I have the nvidia studio drivers installed.

Also without monitors connected and only the main monitor active I get freezes.