This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Quick Keys and Control Panel don’t work with Figma

C_Teodor
Star I

I have the new ASUS Zenbook Duo with two touchscreens and when I work with Figma I use the second display for the ASUS Control Panel shortcut keys. These are mapped to different functions in Figma, but most of them do not work (ex. Swap fill and Stroke [Shift + X]). The same problem with the Asus Quick Key App. Is this a problem with Figma or the Asus apps? I tested these Quick Keys and Control Panel shortcuts in other apps (such as VSCode) and they work. Thank you for your support!Screenshot 2024-05-16 213459.png 

6 REPLIES 6

Falcon_ASUS

@C_Teodor
What is the complete model of the laptop you are using?
What are the current versions of your BIOS, system, and Figma?
Do you mean that it works in VSCode but does not function properly in Figma?
Thank you.

Hi! Here are the complete specs:

Asus Zenbook Duo UX8406MA
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) Ultra 7 155H 3.80 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.6 GB usable)
Device ID 5231BB8B-E89B-4613-96E4-08295EBEEA77
Product ID 00355-61092-90103-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch Pen and touch support with 10 touch points

Edition Windows 11 Pro
Version 23H2
Installed on ‎11/‎05/‎2024
OS build 22631.3593
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22700.1003.0

BIOS Version: UX8406MA.305 16/01/2024

Figma Desktop App Version: 124.0.2

And here are some more details about which shortcuts worked with Figma and which don't from the ones that I tried:

Works: [Ctrl + Alt + G], [Ctrl + Shift + R], [Ctrl + Shift + V], [Ctrl + Alt + C], [Ctrl + Alt + V]

Doesn't work: [Ctrl + /], [Shift + P], [Shift + X], [Ctrl + Alt + A], [Alt + H], [Alt + V]

All the shortcuts that I have tried in VSCode also work with ASUS Cotrol Panel, such as [Ctrl + Shift + L] and [Shift+Alt + ↓], so the Control Panel is not completely faulty, just not fully compatible with Figma.

@C_Teodor
I have forwarded the information to the relevant department. 
We will keep you updated and your consideration will be very much appreciated.

@C_Teodor 
We would like to update you on the progress as follows:

The tech team tested the software, but the functionality you described as "not working" is functioning normally in our tests.

Environment:

- OS build 22631.3593
- BIOS Version: UX8406MA.305
- Figma Desktop App Version: 124.0.2
- ASUS Control Panel Tool Kit 2.1.17.0
- ScreenXpert 3.1.31.0

We created shortcut buttons [Ctrl + /], [Shift + P], [Shift + X], [Ctrl + Alt + A], [Alt + H], and [Alt + V] in the ASUS Control Panel. Upon touching these buttons, they all triggered the corresponding functions in Figma, achieving the same effect as using a physical keyboard.

One possible difference is that our test system does not have any third-party software installed and is a relatively clean system. 
In similar cases, background apps might occupy specific shortcuts, preventing the commands from being used correctly.

Therefore, we recommend that you try closing any unused software, run the system with fewer apps, reset the current configurations in the Control Panel, and recreate each shortcut button to see if this resolves the issue.

Thank you.