This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I losing my mind or are the ASUS reps wrong? Can I upgrade my RAM or not?

gatos_locos
Star I
I've bought Asus Duo model UX481FA-DB71T. No matter where I looked, forums, discussion boards, YouTube vids, they all said the laptop's RAM is not upgradable, meaning I am forever stuck with my 8GB RAM.
However, 3 ASUS reps insisted on separate occasions that my model has an additional slot to accommodate another 8GB stick. I repeatedly asked if they were certain that is the case, to which they said yes (where is it located exactly they could not say). Attached is a photo of my motherboard.
Where oh where is that elusive slot I'm not seeing? Help.
laptop-png.png

4 REPLIES 4

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
gatos.locos

I've bought Asus Duo model UX481FA-DB71T. No matter where I looked, forums, discussion boards, YouTube vids, they all said the laptop's RAM is not upgradable, meaning I am forever stuck with my 8GB RAM.

However, 3 ASUS reps insisted on separate occasions that my model has an additional slot to accommodate another 8GB stick. I repeatedly asked if they were certain that is the case, to which they said yes (where is it located exactly they could not say). Attached is a photo of my motherboard.

laptop-png.png

according to me. your laptop RAM Module is not upgradeable . BUT ask @Blake_ASUS and @Falcon_ASUS send your laptop serial number to them ,

gatos_locos
Star I
Thank you for the reply. How do I contact the individuals you mentioned? I am new to the forums.

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
Click on the names I have mentioned, on the right side, click the message button, type your queries including your laptop serial number and finally click on the post message button.
Wait for one or two days. Both @Blake_ASUS and @Falcon_ASUS are ASUS forum moderators.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
gatos.locos

laptop-png.png

I'll answer it for you. The model is not upgradable, under the black tape are your ram modules which are soldered to your motherboard. You'll have to live with 8GB ram or hire someone to solder bigger ram blocks onto the board.