Battery or AC: Battery
Model: UX482EA
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:

Hi there,
I've recently purchased the UX482 Zenbook Duo. I've connected two external hard drives on the Thunderbolt 4 ports (with USB-A to USB-C adaptors from Amazon Basics). The two HDDs working fine.

Then I shut down the computer eg. for a break. After booting up the PC only one of the two HDDs will be recognized. You need then to plug it out and again in so that it will work again. I also switched the drives but seems that this is no problem of the HDDs.

I have a Dell laptop (Windows 10) from my work with two Thunderbold ports and same software version and tried the same but everything works well.
I've did all updates also through the MyAsus app, checked the properties... everything is OK!

I am also working with those Amazon Basics USB-A to UBS-C adaptors with a mac book pro and never had any issues.

If I use two USB-Sticks instead of the two HDDs there is no issue.

Please help.
Thanks
15 REPLIES 15

Falcon_ASUS
Gio Tee
  1. System: Windows 11
  2. Battery or AC: Battery
  3. Model: UX482EA
  4. Frequency of occurrence:
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

Hi there,

I've recently purchased the UX482 Zenbook Duo. I've connected two external hard drives on the Thunderbolt 4 ports (with USB-A to USB-C adaptors from Amazon Basics). The two HDDs working fine.

Then I shut down the computer eg. for a break. After booting up the PC only one of the two HDDs will be recognized. You need then to plug it out and again in so that it will work again. I also switched the drives but seems that this is no problem of the HDDs.

I have a Dell laptop (Windows 10) from my work with two Thunderbold ports and same software version and tried the same but everything works well.

I've did all updates also through the MyAsus app, checked the properties... everything is OK!

I am also working with those Amazon Basics USB-A to UBS-C adaptors with a mac book pro and never had any issues.

If I use two USB-Sticks instead of the two HDDs there is no issue.

Please help.

Thanks

1 of the 2 Thunderbolt 4 ports of UX482 is not working after restart
@Gio Tee
I would suggest you to confirm if it is caused by insufficient power supply to the HDD.
If possible, please also make sure that the BIOS is updated to the latest.
Thank you.

Gio_Tee
Star II
Hi Falcon,
yes both HDDs are passive and have no power supply. But my other two computers with thunderbolt can handle them without problem.
The Zenbook seems to can only handle one HDD and the other fells asleep.
The Bios is the latest and was downloaded automaticaly after purchase. If I restart the Zenbook and have a look into Bios it shows only one device connected to the USB instead of two.
What do you suggest?
Thanks
George

Withers
Star I
1. Check if both USB ports work before charging the device (if possible). If they do not, replace either of them or try to charge it from another port.
 2. Make sure the battery is fully charged.
 3. Restart your computer without removing the battery (if this didn’t help, please contact us at or via our Facebook page)
 4. Try to re-install the driver again.
 5. Install the latest BIOS update if available.
 6. Clean the USB connector by blowing compressed air into the port. This can be done using a small vacuum cleaner but make sure that it has no suction power.

Falcon_ASUS
Gio Tee

Hi Falcon,

yes both HDDs are passive and have no power supply. But my other two computers with thunderbolt can handle them without problem.

The Zenbook seems to can only handle one HDD and the other fells asleep.

The Bios is the latest and was downloaded automaticaly after purchase. If I restart the Zenbook and have a look into Bios it shows only one device connected to the USB instead of two.

What do you suggest?

Thanks

George

View post
@Gio Tee
Pease kindly provide the information below so that we can better assist you.
Detailed system version currently in use
Is the current BIOS version up to date?
What brand and model of HDD do you use?
Thank you.