This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X712EA WER report with AsusTru2Life.dll causing access violation

TD47
Star II
My Asus X712EA gets frequent 0xc0000005 being reported in the Windows Error Reports. Usually whenever my laptop reboots. The OS is Windows 10 21H2 OS Build 19044.1586. I have the latest Asus software, and BIOS X712EA.306.
The AsusTru2Life.dll ( version 4.0.7.4) is called by AsusSplendid.exe (version 2.1.24.0), that uses AsusSplendid.dll version 8.11.0.1.0.
I suspect that the AsusTru2Life.dll ( version 4.0.7.4) is buggy.
6 REPLIES 6

TD47
Star II
Falcon_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/58856/x712ea-wer-report-with-asustru2life-dll-causing-access-...

@TD47

Have you tried removing AsusTru2Life and AsusSplendid?

Did the situation reappear after removing them?

View post
FYI: Your comment does not make sense. Of COURSE when I remove that software, it is NOT going to create the same WER report for something that no longer exists. A WER report is an event driven Windows Error Reporting mechanism, internal to the Windows 10 operating system, and it reports on executable program, dll, or app failures, such as program exceptions, including Access Violations (as in this case). This function tracks and reports on the EXACT program module causing the issue, and provides a "mini-dump" and/or a text readable stack trace, readable by the WER viewer AppCrashView.
If you want that text trace view, let me know and I will provide it. I am certainly not going to waste my time uninstalling it. I would however, prefer feedback from your Asus Dev team, as to when the next version of this Asus provided utility will be available.

Falcon_ASUS
TD47

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/207141#Comment_207141

FYI: Your comment does not make sense. Of COURSE when I remove that software, it is NOT going to create the same WER report for something that no longer exists. A WER report is an event driven Windows Error Reporting mechanism, internal to the Windows 10 operating system, and it reports on executable program, dll, or app failures, such as program exceptions, including Access Violations (as in this case). This function tracks and reports on the EXACT program module causing the issue, and provides a "mini-dump" and/or a text readable stack trace, readable by the WER viewer AppCrashView.

If you want that text trace view, let me know and I will provide it. I am certainly not going to waste my time uninstalling it. I would however, prefer feedback from your Asus Dev team, as to when the next version of this Asus provided utility will be available.

View post
@TD47
The purpose of your removal is that I want to know if the problem has disappeared. I have forwarded the information to the relevant department. We will keep you updated and your consideration will be very much appreciated.

TD47
Star II
Falcon_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/207161#Comment_207161

@TD47

The purpose of your removal is that I want to know if the problem has disappeared. I have forwarded the information to the relevant department. We will keep you updated and your consideration will be very much appreciated.

View post
@Falcon_ASUS thanks for passing this information forward. Please consider in future, that when asking posters to "remove the software and retest", you need to properly read, review, and understand what is being reported, In this case, the actual faulting module is the AsusTru2Life.dll that is actually all bundled in within the MyAsus software app, as delivered by Asus on new laptops. You CANNOT uninstall individual "parts" of it, In any event, deleting any individual single elements/modules of an app, can have bad consequences, and give rise to unexpected errors VERY different to the original issue. in fact, removing a .DLL file will often mean the main APP will not start properly.

Falcon_ASUS
TD47

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/207325#Comment_207325

@Falcon_ASUS thanks for passing this information forward. Please consider in future, that when asking posters to "remove the software and retest", you need to properly read, review, and understand what is being reported, In this case, the actual faulting module is the AsusTru2Life.dll that is actually all bundled in within the MyAsus software app, as delivered by Asus on new laptops. You CANNOT uninstall individual "parts" of it, In any event, deleting any individual single elements/modules of an app, can have bad consequences, and give rise to unexpected errors VERY different to the original issue. in fact, removing a .DLL file will often mean the main APP will not start properly.

View post
@TD47
I'm sorry for the wrong part of my reply. At first I should have asked you to remove MyASUS and install it again. Thanks for your advice. I have sent you a message, please check.