This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When my AC Adapter is plugged in, there are grey lines and a green flicker, how do I fix this?

thecoolgeek
Star I
System: ASUS Vivobook S512FLC
Battery or AC: Battery
Model: Vivobook S512FLC
Frequency of occurrence: Random
Screenshot or video: Attached
========================
Detailed description:When the AC Adapter is plugged in on Windows 11, I normally will see grey lines and a green flicker randomly flash on my screen. I updated the BIOS on my computer to the version released in May 2021 and updated the graphics, camera, and chipset drivers. I also sent it in for repair to an ASUS repair center and they replaced the applicable parts. However, when I have manycam virtual webcam running in the background and select it as an option (instead of the normal webcam) when joining a video chat, then there is no issue. When I use manycam by itself, the problem still exists. This issue is not present on Ubuntu (a distribution of Linux). I have contacted Microsoft numerous times and they have not provided a working solution. How do I fix this issue?
screenshot-2022-03-22-123641.png

9 REPLIES 9

Falcon_ASUS
thecoolgeek
  1. System: ASUS Vivobook S512FLC
  2. Battery or AC: Battery
  3. Model: Vivobook S512FLC
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Random
  5. Screenshot or video: Attached

========================

Detailed description:When the AC Adapter is plugged in on Windows 11, I normally will see grey lines and a green flicker randomly flash on my screen. I updated the BIOS on my computer to the version released in May 2021 and updated the graphics, camera, and chipset drivers. I also sent it in for repair to an ASUS repair center and they replaced the applicable parts. However, when I have manycam virtual webcam running in the background and select it as an option (instead of the normal webcam) when joining a video chat, then there is no issue. When I use manycam by itself, the problem still exists. This issue is not present on Ubuntu (a distribution of Linux). I have contacted Microsoft numerous times and they have not provided a working solution. How do I fix this issue?

screenshot-2022-03-22-123641.png

When my AC Adapter is plugged in, there are grey lines and a green flicker, how do I fix this?
@thecoolgeek
Since the situation you reported seems to be encountered only under certain operations, can I ask if the similar situation will also occur under other operations? For example: playing games or watching videos. If the same situation does not occur in other operations, I would recommend that you report this situation to the software manufacturer (manycam virtual webcam) for confirmation. Thank you.

thecoolgeek
Star I
@Falcon_ASUS
Thank you for the reply.
Recently, I noticed am still having the issue with manycam (even when it is running in the background) and the default installed webcam application (Windows 11 Camera application); it also occurs on all video chat applications I have on Windows. However, when using Linux distribution Ubuntu I do not have any issues.
In short, the issue is only on Windows, but when using Ubuntu (Linux) there are no issues.
For clarification, the flicker and flash is on the webcam's display, not my screen.
Thanks,
thecoolgeek 🙂

Falcon_ASUS
thecoolgeek

@Falcon_ASUS

Thank you for the reply.

Recently, I noticed am still having the issue with manycam (even when it is running in the background) and the default installed webcam application (Windows 11 Camera application); it also occurs on all video chat applications I have on Windows. However, when using Linux distribution Ubuntu I do not have any issues.

In short, the issue is only on Windows, but when using Ubuntu (Linux) there are no issues.

For clarification, the flicker and flash is on the webcam's display, not my screen.

Thanks,

thecoolgeek 🙂

View post
@thecoolgeek
Yes, if there is no problem under the Linux system, but only in the Microsoft system, it means that the hardware itself has no problem, but it may be caused by the compatibility between the software under the Microsoft system.
Since you mentioned that it happens when using this app (manycam virtual webcam), I would recommend you to report this situation to the app manufacturer. Or you can consider restoring the system. In the pure OS condition, install the app directly to confirm whether the problem still exists.
Thank you.

thecoolgeek
Star I
@Falcon_ASUS
In the past, I have restored my computer numerous times and the problem still exists. The issue is on the default camera application as well and existed before I installed manycam.