This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VivoBook M712UA will not run Windows 11. Crashes and reboots.

rdhuff
Star I

My VivoBook 17 M712UA will not run Windows 11. Crashes and reboots multiple times with various error codes or none at all. Runs great in Windows 10.

It was purchased in July 2021 so I am out of warrantee. It was sent in (to Costco, still under their 2 year warrantee) for repair and returned with the cryptic note, "System board repaired".  That did not fix the problem. I sent it in with a clean install of Windows 11. It was returned to me with Windows 10. That tells me someone knows it won't run Windows 11. Costco Concierge said that's all they can do. Stick with Windows 10.

It will sometimes run for hours without a problem, sometimes only a few minutes before it reboots.

I have downloaded and installed all drivers for Windows 11. Still crashes randomly. I have run every diagnostic I can find and it passes all tests. I have done a clean re-install of Windows 11 at least 5 times at the request of Costco and ASUS support.

I have reverted to Windows 10 which works fine.

BIOS:  American Megatrends International, LLC. X712UA.308, 4/18/2022
Serial Num: [SN Deleted Due to Personal Information Leaking]

Any help will be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

Falcon_ASUS

@rdhuff 
Through the serial number of your laptop, there is no maintenance record by us.
Perhaps the previous repair was done by a manufacturer that Costco found themselves.

Check your laptop model, we have Windows 11 drivers available for download in our download site, so it can be installed and used as Windows 11.
If you have been encountering problems with the use of Windows 11 system, I would suggest you bring back your laptop to our service center for further confirmation.

The following is the contact information:
https://www.asus.com/support/service-center-location 
Also you can contact the local service center for help.
The following is the contact information:
https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs# 
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.