Star I
System: Asus VivoBook 14 TM420U on Windows 10
Model: TM420U
Frequency of occurrence: Every couple Hours
Reset OS: Yes
========================
Detailed description:
Hello and thank you to any who help.
I am having issues with my laptops trackpad. For the first 5 months I had this laptop, it gave me no real issues. Now, every few hours, it becomes obnoxiously unresponsive, inaccurate, slow and overall laggy. The mouse will randomly go back to normal... I'm not sure what is causing this issue... I have updated the Bios, the Asus Precision Touchpad drivers, The AMD graphics drivers (which seem to be linked because they installed some kind of precision touch pad driver) and reset the sysem, and nothing works.

I have a hunch that two drivers are overlapping and both controlling the mouse, but disabling different elements of the Human Interface Devices in Device manager doesn't seem to do much...
Any ideas?
Thank you too asus support rep who will undoubtedly tell me to follow the support page and update my drivers.
Thanks!
1 REPLY 1

Falcon_ASUS
eliyahu
  1. System: Asus VivoBook 14 TM420U on Windows 10
  2. Model: TM420U
  3. Frequency of occurrence: Every couple Hours
  4. Reset OS: Yes

========================

Detailed description:

Hello and thank you to any who help.

I am having issues with my laptops trackpad. For the first 5 months I had this laptop, it gave me no real issues. Now, every few hours, it becomes obnoxiously unresponsive, inaccurate, slow and overall laggy. The mouse will randomly go back to normal... I'm not sure what is causing this issue... I have updated the Bios, the Asus Precision Touchpad drivers, The AMD graphics drivers (which seem to be linked because they installed some kind of precision touch pad driver) and reset the sysem, and nothing works.

I have a hunch that two drivers are overlapping and both controlling the mouse, but disabling different elements of the Human Interface Devices in Device manager doesn't seem to do much...

Any ideas?

Thank you too asus support rep who will undoubtedly tell me to follow the support page and update my drivers.

Thanks!

VivoBook 14 trackpad issues
@eliyahu
If you have tried reinstalling the driver but the problem persists, I would recommend sending it for repair to check if it's a touchpad hardware issue.
The following is the contact information: 
http://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/
Also you can contact the local service center for help. The following is the contact information: 
http://www.asus.com/support/CallUs#
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.