Star I
System: Asus VivoBook Flip 14
Battery or AC: Lithium-Ion
Model: TP401M
Frequency of occurrence: Daily
Reset OS: Windows 11 Home
Screenshot or video: Unavailable
========================
Detailed description: Several ongoing issues for about 6 months now, and they cause a bit of frustration here and there when using the device. I had my device sent off to my Local Asus Support Centre last 2021 December, and they found no problems. They suggested it was because I was running Windows 11 which has some obvious issues, however, these issues have been around before that, when I was running Windows 10. The first issue is my screen freezing. This (normally) only occurs once per power up and can last anywhere from 1 minute to 10. The whole screen will freeze and I can't do anything, can't move the cursor none of the keyboard buttons does anything until it unfreezes. The next one is, my screen will somewhat flash and then the windows (eg. google) would kind of shift around as if it were adjusting, and it would go back to normal but my cursor would appear pixelated. I believe these two issues could be a cause of high RAM/Disk usage, as this device only has 4GB of RAM... Not 100% sure though. The last issue is one that I noticed when I got Windows 11. Sometimes certain corners of my screen are unresponsive and I can't click anything there, which means I have to scroll up or down so it's out of that area to click it. This too goes away with a restart but always happens again, eventually. I have tried adjusting several display settings and still, nothing has worked. I, unfortunately, do not have any recording or screenshots of it occurring, but I will try my best to catch it happening next time. I can't find a way to capture the cursor issue in action, unfortunately, if I try screenshot, the cursor doesn't appear. If you have any advice that could help me capture the cursor issue it would be appreciated. *Also device is just over 1 year old if that's helpful*
1 REPLY 1

Falcon_ASUS
1scuffle1
  1. System: Asus VivoBook Flip 14
  2. Battery or AC: Lithium-Ion
  3. Model: TP401M
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Daily
  5. Reset OS: Windows 11 Home
  6. Screenshot or video: Unavailable

========================

Detailed description: Several ongoing issues for about 6 months now, and they cause a bit of frustration here and there when using the device. I had my device sent off to my Local Asus Support Centre last 2021 December, and they found no problems. They suggested it was because I was running Windows 11 which has some obvious issues, however, these issues have been around before that, when I was running Windows 10. The first issue is my screen freezing. This (normally) only occurs once per power up and can last anywhere from 1 minute to 10. The whole screen will freeze and I can't do anything, can't move the cursor none of the keyboard buttons does anything until it unfreezes. The next one is, my screen will somewhat flash and then the windows (eg. google) would kind of shift around as if it were adjusting, and it would go back to normal but my cursor would appear pixelated. I believe these two issues could be a cause of high RAM/Disk usage, as this device only has 4GB of RAM... Not 100% sure though. The last issue is one that I noticed when I got Windows 11. Sometimes certain corners of my screen are unresponsive and I can't click anything there, which means I have to scroll up or down so it's out of that area to click it. This too goes away with a restart but always happens again, eventually. I have tried adjusting several display settings and still, nothing has worked. I, unfortunately, do not have any recording or screenshots of it occurring, but I will try my best to catch it happening next time. I can't find a way to capture the cursor issue in action, unfortunately, if I try screenshot, the cursor doesn't appear. If you have any advice that could help me capture the cursor issue it would be appreciated. *Also device is just over 1 year old if that's helpful*

Visual Issues on VivoBook Flip 14
@1scuffle1
If the problem happens randomly, I recommend that you record the problem immediately on video. Then send the laptop for repair and provide this video for the repair center to confirm. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.