Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The right side of Vivobook touchpad occasionally freezes

staroneso
Star I
System: Windows 10 64
Battery or AC: AC
Model: Vivobook S14 (M433, AMD Ryzen 5 Series)
Frequency of occurrence: around 5-6 times per hour
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description: The right side of the touchpad of my brand new (1 week old) Vivobook S14 (M433, AMD Ryzen 5 Series) freezes for ~1 min, ~5-6 times per hour. During this time scrolling is impossible (it still works, but it’s incredibly slow). However, at the same time, the left side works just fine. I have installed all updates (Windows, BIOS, drivers, etc.) and have performed all tests from the MyAsus app, but the problem persists. By the way, restarting the laptop usually helps, but only temporarily (it works fine for 10-15 min, then the problem is back). Needless to say, I have no intention of restarting 5-6 times per hour.  
Please suggest a solution (if there is one), or suggest if I should return it, because this is getting extremely frustrating. Many thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3

Falcon_ASUS
staroneso
  1. System: Windows 10 64
  2. Battery or AC: AC
  3. Model: Vivobook S14 (M433, AMD Ryzen 5 Series)
  4. Frequency of occurrence: around 5-6 times per hour
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description: The right side of the touchpad of my brand new (1 week old) Vivobook S14 (M433, AMD Ryzen 5 Series) freezes for ~1 min, ~5-6 times per hour. During this time scrolling is impossible (it still works, but it’s incredibly slow). However, at the same time, the left side works just fine. I have installed all updates (Windows, BIOS, drivers, etc.) and have performed all tests from the MyAsus app, but the problem persists. By the way, restarting the laptop usually helps, but only temporarily (it works fine for 10-15 min, then the problem is back). Needless to say, I have no intention of restarting 5-6 times per hour.  

Please suggest a solution (if there is one), or suggest if I should return it, because this is getting extremely frustrating. Many thanks in advance.

The right side of Vivobook touchpad occasionally freezes
@staroneso
If your laptop is newly purchased, to protect your rights, I may suggest that you check with the store to confirm whether it can be returned or exchanged. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

agrwal_sc
Star I
Today 7th September 2021 I called on to Asus authorised laptop Centre at Udaipur, Rajasthan, India for a camera problem. The camera was off and I could not understand the problem. They asked me to visit the centre. I am 72 years old so requested them to solve the problem over the phone if possible. He refused as it required the up-gradation of software(Their version). I visited the centre. He asked me to produce the bill of purchase. He did not tell me over the phone earlier about this requirement. I am 72 years old and leaving 10 Km away from the centre. It was raining. Was it not cruelty.
I suggest Asus immediately close this centre as he is working for many other companies and has given a lot of problems to me for my another laptop of IBM also.
At home, I searched for the problem online and found that by pressing Functional key F10 the camera will be on. My problem was automatically solved. Alas, that beggar could have told me this earlier.
The name of the centre is : Eyestar Solution 2 Jain Colony University Road Near Eden School Udaipur (Raj) India Pincode 313001 Mobile No. 7014121282 Person contacted Mr Kailash
Please avoid such unprofessional workers if you want peace.

Falcon_ASUS
agrwal.sc

Today 7th September 2021 I called on to Asus authorised laptop Centre at Udaipur, Rajasthan, India for a camera problem. The camera was off and I could not understand the problem. They asked me to visit the centre. I am 72 years old so requested them to solve the problem over the phone if possible. He refused as it required the up-gradation of software(Their version). I visited the centre. He asked me to produce the bill of purchase. He did not tell me over the phone earlier about this requirement. I am 72 years old and leaving 10 Km away from the centre. It was raining. Was it not cruelty.

I suggest Asus immediately close this centre as he is working for many other companies and has given a lot of problems to me for my another laptop of IBM also.

At home, I searched for the problem online and found that by pressing Functional key F10 the camera will be on. My problem was automatically solved. Alas, that beggar could have told me this earlier.

The name of the centre is : Eyestar Solution 2 Jain Colony University Road Near Eden School Udaipur (Raj) India Pincode 313001 Mobile No. 7014121282 Person contacted Mr Kailash

Please avoid such unprofessional workers if you want peace.

View post
Hi agrwal.sc 
How did you hear about this service center? Is it obtained by calling customer service?
The following is our authorized service center for your reference.

Find Authorized Service Centre Locations - India | Official Support | ASUS India
Thank you.