cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"unknown usb device descriptor request failed" causing bluetooth to fail

the_bullet_01
Star I

Hello,

I have an Asus X571GT, and for the past couple of weeks, I've been having problems with my Bluetooth randomly shutting off. 
I've tried everything. Uninstalling it and reinstalling the Intel drivers, and sometimes the mouse wouldn't work upon a reboot, and sometimes it would...and when it did, it would last a couple hours to a couple days before the Bluetooth randomly disappeared again. Same thing with reinstalling the Asus drivers.
Everything is up to date. Nothing could fix it.

But then I remembered when this problem originally happened a month ago, in Device Manager under USB Controllers, was this "unknown usb device descriptor request failed" 
I restarted my research all over and realized that A LOT of people have this same problem, and that this "unknown usb device descriptor request failed" is what's causing the Bluetooth on most computers to randomly disappear.

I uninstalled this random USB device descriptor and upon a reboot, the mouse (so far) is working. 
Anybody knows what this "unknown usb device descriptor request failed" is, and more importantly, does anybody have more a a permeant fix? 

8 REPLIES 8

Falcon_ASUS

@the_bullet_01
Based on your description, it seems more likely to be a software conflict caused by incomplete driver installation. If the issue improves after removing the unidentified device, I would suggest you continue to observe the usage. Thank you for sharing the information.

the_bullet_01
Star I

Is it possible to isolate which software is causing the conflict?

Once the Bluetooth disappears, I open Device manager and uninstall "unknown usb device descriptor request failed" and rebooting it (restarting it works sometimes) from it powered down, restarts the Bluetooth. 
But for how long it lasts? couple hours or a couple days before it randomly disappears again

@the_bullet_01
The hardware device is detected automatically by the system, which prompts you to install the necessary drivers. Therefore, it cannot be isolated. In your current situation, it is recommended that you consider backing up your data and restoring the system to clarify whether the issue is caused by a software-related false malfunction. If the issue persists after restoring the system, it is advisable to contact the service center in your location, which can be found on the right side under "Inquiry service," for further investigation. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

the_bullet_01
Star I

I noticed that under my Network adapters (pic attached), the Generic Mobile Adapter, and Viscosity Adapter #1 & #2 have hazard icons on them. Unsure if they're related or not, but....

Assuming the problem is related to the Bluetooth, but probably the network or USB drivers, is it possible to completely uninstall all the drivers and network adapters as well? and let them re-install themselves to their default/primary settings?

Which drivers on the https://www.asus.com/supportonly/x571gt/helpdesk_download/ page should I download to completely reboot everything? I assume not just the Bluetooth but the WLAN driver too?