This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem after upgrading RAM! Asus Vivobook Pro 15 N580VD DM153

opilitza
Star I

Hello, i am the proud owner of an Asus Vivobook Pro 15 N580VD DM153!
I have a problem with the new set o RAM that i bought for Upgrade.
My Notebook had 2 x 4GB Samsung DDR4 RAM 2400Mhz
Recently i bought Corsair Vengeance serie 32 Gb (2 x 16 GB) DDR4 3200 Mhz CL 22 Kit, replaced the old one and received a Windows black screen, although in BIOS i could see the whole 32 GB.
BIOS is already updated to the latest version.
I already verified, the new RAMs work properly, each of them, but only paired one new with one old.
So instead of using 32 Gb, i can only use 16 New with 4 Old, so 20 GB of RAM, equally how i pair them.
Can you tell what can i do to use the new 32 GB RAM.
Thank you in advance!
7 REPLIES 7

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
opilitza

Recently i bought Corsair Vengeance serie 32 Gb (2 x 16 GB) DDR4 3200 Mhz CL 22 Kit, replaced the old one and received a Windows black screen, although in BIOS i could see the whole 32 GB.

I already verified, the new RAMs work properly, each of them, but only paired one new with one old.

So instead of using 32 Gb, i can only use 16 New with 4 Old, so 20 GB of RAM, equally how i pair them.

Thank you in advance!

you should not combine two different speeds in laptop, 2400Mhz with 3200Mhz , did you conformed that your laptop has supported 3200Mhz ram speed by looked on laptop hardware specs page.

Falcon_ASUS
opilitza

Thank you in advance!

@opilitza
There are 2 RAM slot on this model, each support up to 16GB, so total would be 32GB.
The following is the test list for your reference.
image.png
If you are installing a part that is not in the test list, we may not be able to guarantee its stability and compatibility with you. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

opilitza
Star I
Falcon_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/59978/problem-after-upgrading-ram-asus-vivobook-pro-15-n580vd...

@opilitza

There are 2 RAM slot on this model, each support up to 16GB, so total would be 32GB.

The following is the test list for your reference.

image.png

If you are installing a part that is not in the test list, we may not be able to guarantee its stability and compatibility with you. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

View post
Thank you for your answer!

opilitza
Star I
RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/59978/problem-after-upgrading-ram-asus-vivobook-pro-15-n580vd...

you should not combine two different speeds in laptop, 2400Mhz with 3200Mhz , did you conformed that your laptop has supported 3200Mhz ram speed by looked on laptop hardware specs page.

View post
The thing is that it works great. And what bothers me is that it should also work with higher speed Rams, but it would cut the speed down, a risk that i can live with.
And the second thing is that in Bios i can see the 32Gb, but windows won't boot. Is there nothing i can tweek about it?