This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laptop not turning on without charger plugged in

Matrix4782
Star I

I have the Asus Vivobook pro 15 oled,it was walking fine and smooth but all of a sudden i experienced a problem.My laptop is not turning on without the charger plugged in.The battery percentage is also stuck at 74% .

I dont think it's my batteries' fault because i recently bought this laptop and haven't used it much.

Please suggest any possible fixes which i can apply to it.Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Falcon_ASUS

@Matrix4782
May I know the full model of the laptop you are using?
How to find Model Name

Based on your description, it seems more like a battery-related issue. I suggest referring to the following FAQ and using MyASUS to check the battery.

[Notebook] Troubleshooting - Short Battery Life (Rapid Battery Drain)

Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Falcon_ASUS

@Matrix4782
May I know the full model of the laptop you are using?
How to find Model Name

Based on your description, it seems more like a battery-related issue. I suggest referring to the following FAQ and using MyASUS to check the battery.

[Notebook] Troubleshooting - Short Battery Life (Rapid Battery Drain)

Ah sure! It's the M3500QC

I tried running the power troubleshooter but it didn't fix the issue.I even tried to disable/enable, uninstall the Microsoft Acpi compilant thing but the issue is still there.

When i dont run the laptop the power keeps decreasing and then when i turn it on through the power cable it doesn't charge though it shows the charging icon.

I tried checking the battery health it said: Design capacity:63,041 mWh and charge capacity 61,890 mWh

@Matrix4782
If the battery cannot be charged properly, I would suggest you bring back your laptop to our service center for further confirmation.

The following is the contact information:
https://www.asus.com/support/service-center-location 

Also you can contact the local service center for help.
The following is the contact information:
https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs#