This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Know maximum allowed ram amount

How can I know the maximum allowed amount of ram in my laptop? I'm weird about the different results from cmd and from the internet. When I check with wmic memphysical get maxcapacity , it says
MaxCapacity
33554432 that is about 32Gbs of memory.
But the Crucial System Scanner says max allowed capacity is 20Gb. What is the actual amount that is officially supported? Even more, my laptop has 4Gb default memory so if I upgrade an 8Gb ram to second slot, can they both work efficiently? Or the second one which has more capacity has to work harder when running tasks ?
2 REPLIES 2

Falcon_ASUS
wintphyopaing.p

How can I know the maximum allowed amount of ram in my laptop? I'm weird about the different results from cmd and from the internet. When I check with wmic memphysical get maxcapacity , it says

MaxCapacity

33554432 that is about 32Gbs of memory.

But the Crucial System Scanner says max allowed capacity is 20Gb. What is the actual amount that is officially supported? Even more, my laptop has 4Gb default memory so if I upgrade an 8Gb ram to second slot, can they both work efficiently? Or the second one which has more capacity has to work harder when running tasks ?

Know maximum allowed ram amount
@wintphyopaing.p
Could you please let me know the full model name of the laptop you are using?
[Notebook] How to check the model name and BIOS version | Official Support | ASUS GlobalThank you.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.