Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
5 REPLIES 5

kamal_pal
Star I
I bought this laptop without even thinking that a high end cost laptop will not even have a backlit keyboard support, this is very disappointing. I also checked that a 15.6 inch model of same series has backlit support but a 14 inch is not.
This 14 inch laptop may also be having support of a backlit as the buttons are with transparent alphabet, numbers etc.
Wondering if they have installed lights beneath the keyboard and body then why not enable it.
Please ASUS if you are reading this, please enable this by sending a software update or just let us know that it does not even has the lighting hardware beneath the keyboard and body.
NOTE - I BOUGHT THE LAPTOP ON 14 MAY 2022.
Looking for a resolution to my query.

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
kamal pal

I bought this laptop without even thinking that a high end cost laptop will not even have a backlit keyboard support, this is very disappointing. I also checked that a 15.6 inch model of same series has backlit support but a 14 inch is not.

This 14 inch laptop may also be having support of a backlit as the buttons are with transparent alphabet, numbers etc.

Wondering if they have installed lights beneath the keyboard and body then why not enable it.

Please ASUS if you are reading this, please enable this by sending a software update or just let us know that it does not even has the lighting hardware beneath the keyboard and body.

View post
Send your laptop serial number to @Falcon_ASUS via PM or chat, he will confirm whether your laptop keyboard support the backlight feature or not.

Falcon_ASUS
kamal pal

View post
@kamal pal
There are two specifications for models with backlight.
I need your serial number for specification confirmation.
I have sent you a PM, please check.
Thank you.

kamal_pal
Star I
Falcon_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/213120#Comment_213120

@kamal pal

There are two specifications for models with backlight.

I need your serial number for specification confirmation.

I have sent you a PM, please check.

Thank you.

View post
I have checked this with ASUS customer support and ASUS CEO helpdesk both have confirmed that the keyboard backlit support is not available in this model. It is a big disappointment with ASUS and feels cheated now.
ONE SHOULD NEVER TRUST COMPLETELY WITH BRAND AND SHOULD CHECK ALL THE SPECS WHICH YOU WANT IN A LAPTOP.