Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K6604JI Memory Support

marvin-miller
Star I

Hi Folks;

Hi folks!

I recently got an Asus K6604JI & I've been thinking about a memory upgrade. According to Intel Ark the
i9-13980HX processor supports a max of 5600 DDR5 and as total of 192 GB

I found a 64GB kit with CL38 & ECC which is a bonus.

The i9-13980HX supports ECC & 5600 so that memory should be fine. The question is, would the K6604JI w/300 firmware use it at 5600 ? And what are the actual limits of the memory size/speed installed?

I'm guessing it's the Asus firmware that limits everything as opposed to the hardware?

3 REPLIES 3

Falcon_ASUS

@marvin-miller
Your laptop has two memory slots, and a single slot supports a maximum of 16GB. In total, the laptop can be upgraded to 32GB of memory DDR5(4800MHz). If you intend to install larger memory for use, we cannot guarantee its stability and compatibility with your system. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

marvin-miller
Star I

Odd...Reddit is full of users that have 64GB of memory installed. I noticed you didn't say anything about ECC or 5600 Mhz support which the processor/chipset also supports. Will you be updating the firmware to provide support for the specs the native hardware supports?

@marvin-miller
To ensure system stability, we provide users with data that has been tested without any issues for reference. As mentioned earlier, if you intend to install a larger memory, we cannot guarantee its stability and compatibility. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.