This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[K513EA]Does upgrading RAM by myself will void the warranty?

ae1207
Star I

Asus Vivobook 15 K513EA.

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-1135G7 Processor 2.4 GHz (8M Cache, up to 4.2 GHz, 4 cores).

GPU: Intel Iris Xe Graphics

It currently  has 8GB of ram with 3200MHZ.

I live in Malaysia.

If I replace the SODIMM ram with 16GB 3200MHZ, will it void the warranty? And is it ok for me to replace it with 16GB 3200MHZ? If 16GB is unable, what about 8GB?

Answers are very much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

Falcon_ASUS

@ae1207 
Your laptop already has one onboard memory , and there is only one replaceable memory slot can be used.
Regarding this replaceable memory slot, it supports up to 8GB(DDR4 3200 SO-D 8G 260P) RAM.
If you want to upgrade to 16GB memory, we cannot guarantee its stability and compatibility with you.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.
** If the motherboard is damaged when replacing the memory, it will affect the warranty. If you can't replace it yourself, please bring the laptop and the parts you would like to install to our service center and let our engineers install it for you. Thank you.

FrankW
Star II

Careful with that as Iris Xe requires Dual Channel mode and if a non-matching set of DDR4s are detected, the Intel RAM may switch to Flex mode or Single Channel mode with the resulting slower speed and the GPU will be downgraded to UHD. You have to find out what is soldered on the MOBO, I think it is 1x 4GB DDR4 in that case any upgrade will result in Single Channel mode (no more Iris Xe). However, If 1x 8GB DDR4 is soldered, and the DDR slot is empty, get an identical 1x 8GB DDR4 3200 MHz for slot 1 and you will be OK (Dual Channel at maximum clock speed). To find out what DDR4 is soldered inside run CPU-Z and check what is in slot 1 (open the back).

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.