This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just a quick question about battery care (s14 flip 12500H)

grgczyz
Star I

Dear Falcon_ASUS,

In my previous post you told me:

"...with the current laptop, when the battery is completely discharged, it will enter a protection mode. Please make sure not to go without charging or turning it on for more than six months.".

I think it is against Asus laptop user manual in which we can read:

"If you are not using your device for a long period of time, ensure to charge the battery power to 50% then power off your device and disconnect AC power adapter. Recharge the battery power to 50% every three months to avoid over-discharging and prevent damage to the battery".

You know ... I just want to be sure to use my laptop properly and save battery as much and as long as possible.

Should I rather follow user manual? (I wouldn't like to void the warranty.)

Thanks in advance,

Greg

7 REPLIES 7

Falcon_ASUS

@grgczyz
The instructions in the user manual suggest that if the battery is not used for an extended period, it is recommended to perform a recharge every three months to prevent excessive discharge and potential battery damage. This information is stated in the user manual.

As mentioned earlier, with current technology, laptops are designed to protect the battery when it is completely discharged. Therefore, it was advised not to go without charging or powering on for more than six months.

However, the actual usage and maintenance methods should still be considered and decided by you.

Dear Falcon_Asus,

I think it's safer to follow the instructions.
Could you write a bit more about this battery protection mode ... what exactly does the laptop do when it is turned off at, for example, 2% and after 48 hours the charge level drops to 0% (due to a battery drain)?

Thanks in advance,
Greg

@grgczyz
When the battery level is below 1%, the device will enter ship mode. Ship mode electronically disconnects the battery from the rest of the system to minimize power drain while the product is idle. Therefore, please ensure that you connect the device to an AC power source and power it on within six months. Thank you.

grgczyz
Star I

Thank you Falcon_ASUS for explanation.

Just one more question:

As you know I have a battery drain in shutdown mode. In 1 month battery is discharged in my case.

Tell me ... is it safe for battery to keep it discharged for the rest of time (5 months) till next charge?

Thank you,

Greg