System: Windows 11
Battery or AC: n/a
Model: Vivobook 16 x M7600
Frequency of occurrence: always
Reset OS: Windows 11
Screenshot or video: desc
========================
Detailed description:
The fingerprint sensor (in the power button) has worked in the past. Now, when I try to log in it gives me the option to use the fingerprint sensor but touching the sensor does nothing. I removed my fingerprint in settings and tried to add it again but could not get through the setup as touching the fingerprint sensor does nothing. I then removed the fingerprint sensor drivers and restarted. Once restarted windows automatically reinstalled them but the problem persisted. Eventually, I reinstalled windows entirely but that did not work either. The laptop is a couple of days old. Windows detects the fingerprint sensor but the sensor does not respond to touch.

Thank you
screenshot-2022-07-21-140530.png

incase confirmation is needed that a fingerprint sensor does actually exist on the device...
3 REPLIES 3

Falcon_ASUS
nathanmoreland4
  1. System: Windows 11
  2. Battery or AC: n/a
  3. Model: Vivobook 16 x M7600
  4. Frequency of occurrence: always
  5. Reset OS: Windows 11
  6. Screenshot or video: desc

========================

Detailed description:

The fingerprint sensor (in the power button) has worked in the past. Now, when I try to log in it gives me the option to use the fingerprint sensor but touching the sensor does nothing. I removed my fingerprint in settings and tried to add it again but could not get through the setup as touching the fingerprint sensor does nothing. I then removed the fingerprint sensor drivers and restarted. Once restarted windows automatically reinstalled them but the problem persisted. Eventually, I reinstalled windows entirely but that did not work either. The laptop is a couple of days old. Windows detects the fingerprint sensor but the sensor does not respond to touch.

Thank you

screenshot-2022-07-21-140530.png

incase confirmation is needed that a fingerprint sensor does actually exist on the device...

Fingerprint sensor not working Vivobook 16x
@nathanmoreland4
If you have tried to restore the system and the situation persists, I would suggest you bring back your laptop to our service center.
The following is the contact information: 
http://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/
Also you can contact the local service center for help. The following is the contact information: 
http://www.asus.com/support/CallUs#
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

willjoe2442
Star III
Type and search [Device Manager] in the Windows search bar
then click [Open]
Check on the arrow next to [Biometric devices]
then right-click [Fingerprint Sensor]
select [Enable device]

Regards,
Will

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.