Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
7 REPLIES 7

Putt_Putt
Star I
Latest update on saga.
After a lot of work on the original 5400rpm HDD i reinstalled it into the asus laptop and eventually managed to boot into win10 but it is operating extremely slooooooow.
I went into the power settings of win10 and disabled fast boot. Whilst the original HDD was installed i am able to boot into bios with the F2 key. In Bios in boot manager i changed the boot order to usb as option 1 which moved the toshiba HDD to option 2. Hoping for the best i powered off, removed the HDD and installed the SSD and inserted the usb boot disk of win10, then re booted and result was asus bios logo only, i didn't boot from usb. As soon as i install the old HDD i am able to boot off the win10 usb.
Whilst i had win10 open i noticed the time and date was incorrect reading july 2022. Could the motherboard battery be flat or should i Manually remove the toshiba HDD option of boot no2 from bios.
Are you able to run the win10 usb istaller and have it install on the ssd if the SSD is connected to the laptop via adaptor to usb3 port.

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
Putt Putt

Latest update on saga.

After a lot of work on the original 5400rpm HDD i reinstalled it into the asus laptop and eventually managed to boot into win10 but it is operating extremely slooooooow.

I went into the power settings of win10 and disabled fast boot. Whilst the original HDD was installed i am able to boot into bios with the F2 key. In Bios in boot manager i changed the boot order to usb as option 1 which moved the toshiba HDD to option 2. Hoping for the best i powered off, removed the HDD and installed the SSD and inserted the usb boot disk of win10, then re booted and result was asus bios logo only, i didn't boot from usb. As soon as i install the old HDD i am able to boot off the win10 usb.

Whilst i had win10 open i noticed the time and date was incorrect reading july 2022. Could the motherboard battery be flat or should i Manually remove the toshiba HDD option of boot no2 from bios.

Are you able to run the win10 usb istaller and have it install on the ssd if the SSD is connected to the laptop via adaptor to usb3 port.

View post
You do not need to change the boot order in BIOS, remove the old HDD, or install SSD on the SATA port or in M.2 port.
use Rufus software to create a bootable Pendrive for UEFI mode only.
Go to bios, enable usb device and legacy usb device, enable secure boot, enable UEFI mode, enable TPM device, save and exit.
After inserting the USB bootable Pendrive, press the boot order menu key, select USB pen drive, start installing windows on SSD, and after restarting window, remove the USB device.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.