cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Vivobook S15 S532F RAM upgrade

vakos829
Star I

Hello everyone,

I have an ASUS Vivobook S15 S532F laptop, and I expanded the RAM. I found information stating that the laptop has with 8GB of RAM, and the maximum expansion capacity is 16 GB. However, I am unsure whether this 16 GB should be considered in addition to the existing 8GB or if it is the total limit, including the initial 8GB. This question because I expanded it with an additional 16 GB, making it a total of 24 GB of RAM. However, I've noticed a slight decrease in the laptop's speed. I've heard that exceeding the recommended RAM limit can cause issues.

Can anyone help clarify whether adding 16 GB on top of the initial 8 GB is appropriate or if it might be too much for the laptop?

Thank you for your responses!

6 REPLIES 6

@vakos829 
We provide you with tested data to ensure system stability and compatibility under these conditions. 
If you choose to install larger memory for use, we cannot guarantee its performance.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

Newseum
Star II

According to the official specifications of your laptop model, the maximum total system memory is 16 GB. This means that you can only add up to 8 GB of RAM in the available slot, since the laptop already has 8 GB of RAM soldered on board . Adding more than 16 GB of RAM may cause compatibility issues, instability, or reduced performance .

Therefore, I suggest that you remove the 16 GB RAM module that you added and replace it with an 8 GB one, or use the laptop with the original 8 GB RAM only. This should improve the speed and stability of your laptop.

You can check the specs of Laptop here