info_PCOU
Star II
Model: ZS600KL
RAM: 6G
Firmware/APP Version: WW_ZS600KL_15.1630.1811.46_0
Frequency of Occurrence: Everytime
Rooted: No
APP Name: Whatsapp

Hello Asus support, Every time I play a forwarded voice message there is a extremly weird and loud static and chainsaw-like sound coming out instead of the voice message im wanting to hear. I´ve found out that this happens on other ROG Phones also. I´m not sure if you´re aware of it so here is how you replicate it and how to tempoary fix it for the message you´re trying to hear: 1. Open Whatsapp 2. Play any forwarded message :L Temp fix: Play any regular voice message BEFORE playing the forwarded and it will work. Since i´ve bought the Phone i´ve always had this issue and really wanting to get it fixed finally.. Best wishes
6 REPLIES 6

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi info_PCOU, Thanks for your feedback. Please tell me your WhatsApp version. Are you playing the voice message with the phone speaker? Or using earphones? Could you save the forwarded voice message that has issues to WebStorage and share the link to me? Could you check if recording the same music or sound in the same location and same phone, one forwarded and one original sending and playing them on ROG phone, is there issue on the forwarded voice message? Thank you 🙂

info_PCOU
Star II
Hello Jei, WhatsApp Version: 2.19.14 It happens both when using the phone speaker and using earphones. It happens with every forwarded message, it does not matter wich forwarded voice message i am playing. The message works fine on any other device. I have a Galaxy S8 and have no problem with forwarded messages. Original recorded messages work fine! Once i forward it, even to the same chat, ROG phone is not able to play it properly anymore.

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
info_PCOU posted on 2019/1/20 02:23 Hello Jei, WhatsApp Version: 2.19.14 It happens both when using the phone speaker and using earphone ...
Hi info_PCOU, Thanks for your reply. If downloading as a file, could the issue be heard in the file? If it is possible, please download the voice messages that have issues and kindly share the link to us, and we will check this out. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Lupo67
Star I
info_PCOU
Hello Jei,

WhatsApp Version: 2.19.14

It happens both when using the phone speaker and using earphones.

It happens with every forwarded message, it does not matter wich forwarded voice message i am playing. The message works fine on any other device. I have a Galaxy S8 and have no problem with forwarded messages.

Original recorded messages work fine! Once i forward it, even to the same chat, ROG phone is not able to play it properly anymore.
View post
I've the same problem now. Whatsapp v.2.20.123. Software WW v.15.1618.1810.77-0