jaybz_e
Star I
Model: ZS600KL
RAM: 8G
Firmware/APP Version: OPM1.171019.026.WW_Phone-15.1630.1812.68-0
Frequency of Occurrence: All the time
Rooted: No
APP Name:

Last edited by jaybz.e on 2019/5/28 19:45 Third party apps that add tiles to quick settings like Tasker are unable to update the labels on their tiles. The apps are able to update the icon and state (active/inactive/disabled) but the label remains what was defined in their manifests. Attached is the screenshot for Tasker's quick settings tiles that I have configured. The labels on these tiles should have been updated by the assigned task names. I have tried multiple apps that update the tile labels and all of them have this issue. The apps I have tried work properly on different phones. EDIT: I can't find a way to reopen this thread. I did not have access to this phone for the past few months so I was only able to reply today. Below is a screenshot of my Tasker profile since I don't have a scrren recorder app installed at the moment. Also below is a screenshot of the Shortcutter icons.
3 REPLIES 3

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi jaybz.e, Is this the app you are referring to? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.dinglisch.android.taskerm Please tell me your app version. Could you tell me what the labels are supposed to show? Please show me some more screenshots of how you set these tiles and the error if possible. If there are other apps that have the same problem, please tell me the apps and their versions. Thank you for your help 🙂

jaybz_e
Star I
Is this the app you are referring to? -- Yes. App version 5.6 but working with the developer, I've also tried a couple of other versions. None worked. I've reported the issue here after trying the apps that update QS tiles on a different phone and finding that they work perfectly on that phone. Could you tell me what the labels are supposed to show? -- The labels should be "Lux Dashboard", "Disable Lux", and "Show Data SIM Selection" To set the tiles, you need to create the corresponding task(s) first. Then go to Preferences, go to the action tab and assign the task(s) under the "Quick Settings Tasks" section. I've also tested the latest version of this and the custom tile also does not have the updated labels either: https://play.google.com/store/ap ... eedroid.shortcutter (This app also works perfectly on the other phone I used to test Tasker)

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
jaybz.e posted on 2019/2/21 12:27 Is this the app you are referring to? -- Yes. App version 5.6 but working with the developer, I've a ...
Hi jaybz.e, For Short Cutter, what are the tiles that do not have the updated labels? Could you show me a screenshot, and tell me how you set the tiles? Thank you :) For Tasker, I have reported this issue to our tech team. If possible, could you show us a short video of the whole procedure of setting the tiles and its error? This could help us greatly. Thank you for your help :) To share videos, please upload to ASUS WebStorage (https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/ )or any other cloud storage website, and share the link withus.