Did you mean: 

4G Connection Unstable

Frequency of Occurrence: Everyday
Firmware/APP Version: OPM1.171019.026.WW_Phone-15.1630.1811.46-0
Model: ZS600KL
RAM: 8G
APP Name:
Rooted: No

Hi there, I've noticed that in the ROG Phone community there are people facing the same issue as me across the world. I have a 4G Sim card (Singapore) in slot 1 and since the latest update my connection to data was horrible. There are times when I get outright 0 data at all. Resetting my phone, turning off and on my data, airplane mode whatever doesn't solve the issue. When I am connected my signal usually hovers to H or H+. Did multiple speed test and the speed of download is around 8Kbp/s which is horrendous. I've chatted to my mobile carrier multiple times on this issue thinking but the support they gave, which included manually setting the APN etc doesn't help. I changed my Sim onto a different phone and I could get 4G data painlessly. Something is wrong here and I hope there's a resolution from ASUS
7 REPLIES 7

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
Last edited by Jei_ASUS on 2019/2/1 10:50 Hi dabazz117_DXMP, Please check if the preferred network type is 4G in Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile network > Advanced > Preferred network type. Please try resetting your network settings. (Settings > Connections > More > Network settings reset.) If the problem still appears, please tell me your network provider, and show me screenshots of the mobile network no data problem. (screenshot of the top notification bar, and try to load a page in Chrome) Please also show me a screenshot of the signal strength, (Settings > System > About phone > Status > SIM status) If there are screenshots of the speed test, please show us as well. What is the brand and model of your other phone that can work normally with the same SIM? You can show us a short video of the problem if it is possible. Thank you 🙂

Pashi
Star II
dabazz117_DXMP
Frequency of Occurrence: Everyday
Firmware/APP Version: OPM1.171019.026.WW_Phone-15.1630.1811.46-0
Model: ZS600KL
RAM: 8G
APP Name:
Rooted: No

Hi there,

I've noticed that in the ROG Phone community there are people facing the same issue as me across the world. I have a 4G Sim card (Singapore) in slot 1 and since the latest update my connection to data was horrible.

There are times when I get outright 0 data at all. Resetting my phone, turning off and on my data, airplane mode whatever doesn't solve the issue.

When I am connected my signal usually hovers to H or H+. Did multiple speed test and the speed of download is around 8Kbp/s which is horrendous.

I've chatted to my mobile carrier multiple times on this issue thinking but the support they gave, which included manually setting the APN etc doesn't help.

I changed my Sim onto a different phone and I could get 4G data painlessly. Something is wrong here and I hope there's a resolution from ASUS
4G Connection Unstable
Well bro, I do have the same problem:unstable network.that could be soft ware drivers issue.

Pashi
Star II
After the recent update for rog 2,my device started to swing from good to poor network connection,which stood as pain in my ass.that filthy developers made a non propreiatary driver update......shame on you asus ....now who will pay for my screen module??!

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Pashi
Thank you for your asking. If you already tried the troubleshooting Y_ASUS provided above, kindly provide the information below so that we could better assist you.
1. Your current firmware version
Settings>System>About Phone>Software information>Build Number
If you try to update to the latest version, does the issue still remain?
2. Please try to enter "Safe Mode". If the function works well in Safe Mode yet the issue remains out of Safe Mode, please check on any disturbance from the installed 3rd party apps.
# How to enter and exit "Safe Mode"
[Phone/Pad] How to Enter and Exit Safe Mode? | Official Support | ASUS Global3. Also, please try "the Factory Reset" 
Settings>System>Backup & reset>Factory data reset
Please note that once the Factory Reset is completed, all data, apps, settings and personal information will be deleted.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.