This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You've added black crush to 2009.49 update

anjubunny123
Zen Master I

So I've updated the phone to 2009.49 and watched the batman trailer at 70 percent and the thing that I observed is that the black crush became so severe after the latest update ,I mean it was so much less at 2007.27, wierd thing is black crush is ok at 50 and 100 percent brightness but at 70 percent brightness it is just unbearable ,Now anyone please help me ,how do I roll back to 2007.27 update please help me😔
17 REPLIES 17

anjubunny123
Zen Master I
Vamp

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/120629#Comment_120629

I commented after watching at 5 different brightness levels... At 60Hz it's normal as before...

At what resolution you were playing that video?

View post
1080 60 fps

sordeliel
Star III
I can now see it. Have you tried on another device or on a computer to see if it has the same issue? Might be YouTube that does this (compression).

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
I can assure you that we haven't made ANY adjustments to the screen in this update or any of the recent ones either. The most likely reason why you're seeing black crush now is because
You're looking for it
This batman clip has hard compression which increases black crush
You might be viewing it in a darker environment now that you're looking for it than what you normally use your phone in
Maybe you've been mostly watching in 60hz before as lower frequency has always had less black crush.
Memory (unless you're blessed with photographic memory) can never be trusted and most people have a tendency to remember what they want to remember
I'm going to close this thread as there's no point discussing this any further. I hope you understand. Thanks!