This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X Mode not locking to 2.96 since A11

Volodesi
Rising Star II
A lot of my games are running pretty bad since A11 latest (Earlier builds weren't like this). Most of them are capped to 30 FPS and the phone is somehow struggling to even hit that. Looking at Game Genie - The clock speed is always stuck at 826 MHz.

I've tried restarting the phone, clearing cache of different apps/system, and removing the app from Crate and re-adding.
23 REPLIES 23

Dhananjai
Star II
Irene2_ASUS

Hi @Volodesi @Dhananjai

1.Still experiencing the same in 18.0210.2111.190?

2.Could you let me know the games in which you are experiencing this issue?

View post
1. I have downgraded to A10, due to bad gaming experience!. And A10 gaming experience is good and I am using it for more than 20 days!
2. CODM

Swaraj
Rising Star II
Irene2_ASUS

Hi @Volodesi @Dhananjai

1.Still experiencing the same in 18.0210.2111.190?

2.Could you let me know the games in which you are experiencing this issue?

View post
Let games be aside. All i want to know is why isnt cpu not locking at desired freq?? Is this intentional or bug?
bcuz i have heard that few oem reduces performance of device during end of support for marketing other devices.

Volodesi
Rising Star II
New update appears to be out.
image.png

I assume the "thermal experience" is an attempted fix for the clock rate. Clock rate seems to actually go up to 2.96 Ghz, but it's still not locking to it like I want. It's going all over the place and still dropping to 826 MHz and staying at that.

When it was on Android 10, it would stay at 2.96 GHz the entire time the game was running at all. Can we get this back? The clock rate fluctuating up and down is not making for a smooth experience.

image.png

Sorry for the pointless watermark. Forgot to disable it after clearing the data/cache.

Edit: Apparently there is no way to remove this watermark without removing games from Game Genie.
Edit2: Also installed Netflix on my phone with this update... how is this type of crap getting by QA?

Swaraj
Rising Star II
Volodesi

image.png

I assume the "thermal experience" is an attempted fix for the clock rate. Clock rate seems to actually go up to 2.96 Ghz, but it's still not locking to it like I want. It's going all over the place and still dropping to 826 MHz and staying at that.

When it was on Android 10, it would stay at 2.96 GHz the entire time the game was running at all. Can we get this back? The clock rate fluctuating up and down is not making for a smooth experience.

image.png

Sorry for the pointless watermark. Forgot to disable it after clearing the data/cache.

Edit: Apparently there is no way to remove this watermark without removing games from Game Genie.

Edit2: Also installed Netflix on my phone with this update... how is this type of crap getting by QA?

View post
I still dont see update rolled out in release notes

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Volodesi

image.png

image.png

View post
I don't expect a fix for the locked 2.96 CPU. It's probably to save the devices from dying.
Don't know why everyone is getting Netflix installed because I don't have it.
I see the logo on the screenshots taken through Game Genie though.