This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X Mode not locking to 2.96 since A11

Volodesi
Rising Star II
A lot of my games are running pretty bad since A11 latest (Earlier builds weren't like this). Most of them are capped to 30 FPS and the phone is somehow struggling to even hit that. Looking at Game Genie - The clock speed is always stuck at 826 MHz.

I've tried restarting the phone, clearing cache of different apps/system, and removing the app from Crate and re-adding.
23 REPLIES 23

Irene2_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi @Volodesi @Dhananjai
1.Still experiencing the same in 18.0210.2111.190?
2.Could you let me know the games in which you are experiencing this issue?

Volodesi
Rising Star II
Irene2_ASUS

Hi @Volodesi @Dhananjai

View post

1.Was talking about 18.0210.2111.190

2.. Mostly Emulators and KemonoFriends3 (Japanese region locked game). KF3 is a 30 FPS locked game and used to stay clocked at the speeds I set (X Mode Level3, CPU2.96), at least when looking at Game Genie information. Now it's stuck at 826 MHz at home screen and during battles. The phone can barely keep the game above 20 FPS now.
I've tried force stopping Armoury Crate/Game Genie and clearing its data/cache. But doesn't seem to fix anything.

I've also gone into OptiFlex and and set up all that stuff and pretty much directly close any app I am done using, so the game I am playing should be the only thing running. I also restart my phone once a week.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Irene2_ASUS

Hi @Volodesi @Dhananjai

View post
It's definately happening on .190 because I get it too. I play COD but don't feel the difference I must admit.

Dhananjai
Star II
Irene2_ASUS

Hi @Volodesi @Dhananjai

View post
Hello,
1. I was experiencing extreme FPS drops in A11 update .190. So, due to this I downgraded the Rog 2 phone to A10. Now, It has been more than 20 days, and I am still using A10, due good gaming experience!.
Earlier, I did multiple times upgrade and downgrade, and was hoping A11 would give good gaming performance! But, sadly it didn't work.
2. Call of duty mobile

Dhananjai
Star II
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/202414#Comment_202414

It's definately happening on .190 because I get it too. I play COD but don't feel the difference I must admit.

View post
Hello ronald1985,
CODM gaming experience was worst😥 in A11. The frequency used to stuck on 826 MHZ and was not able to reach to it's max!. Fps was between 5 to 30 fps.