This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Without VoLTE, our ROG II will go to trash! See!

Melqui
Zen Master I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG II 12GB/512GB
Firmware Version: Latest
Rooted or not: Never
Frequency of Occurrence: Aways
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Phone
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Without VoLTE, the legacy 3G network is necessary to call.
Here in Brazil, no VoLTE in any operator for my super 12/512GB ROGII, but yes for basic devices from other brands.
It's beginning, see:
Verizon will shut down its 3G network next year, following multiple delays.
https://www.xda-developers.com/verizon-shut-down-3g-network-2022/
8 REPLIES 8

ObsidianZed
Star I
I created an account to post a similar discussion. I know Asus is "working with providers" to enable support for VoLTE, but it would at least show some thoughtfulness towards their consumers if they showed what all providers they were working with and in what countries.
If they're working on it, fine. I'll be patient. But if I know for a fact that they are not even attempting to support my provider in my country, then I'll start shopping for phones.
I don't even care to receive Android 11 so long as I can still make calls from my phone. But if it won't be supported BEFORE 3g voice services are deprecated, then my "ROG Phone 2 Ultimate Edition" was not at ALL worth the cost.
It's obviously a long shot either way, but I might be willing to stick with Asus if they were to have a special trade-in offer only if your phone will no longer support VoLTE.

ObsidianZed
Star I
ObsidianZed

I created an account to post a similar discussion. I know Asus is "working with providers" to enable support for VoLTE, but it would at least show some thoughtfulness towards their consumers if they showed what all providers they were working with and in what countries.

If they're working on it, fine. I'll be patient. But if I know for a fact that they are not even attempting to support my provider in my country, then I'll start shopping for phones.

I don't even care to receive Android 11 so long as I can still make calls from my phone. But if it won't be supported BEFORE 3g voice services are deprecated, then my "ROG Phone 2 Ultimate Edition" was not at ALL worth the cost.

It's obviously a long shot either way, but I might be willing to stick with Asus if they were to have a special trade-in offer only if your phone will no longer support VoLTE.

View post
To clarify, my carrier is AT&T in the U.S., so not even the same carrier or country as OP.

ccode8806
Star III
Same... Can't use a phone as a phone because asus won't fix it. Have ROG 1 also which should be updated. $2000 on phones that won't work as phones.

I don't expect asus rog 5 to be successful given the 1-3yr old rog series phones are practically ignored.
Not happy about tossing $2000 out soon because they didn't update them to work as phones. I can't even sell these for that much because people realize they aren't compatible with networks soon. T mobile just isn't all that good.

kyleashcraft86
Rising Star I
ObsidianZed

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/161044#Comment_161044

To clarify, my carrier is AT&T in the U.S., so not even the same carrier or country as OP.

View post
AT&T won't allow VOLTE for any device that isn't carrier locked through them. I have red Pocket gsma which is a mvno on AT&T towers (hence the "A" in gsma.) and I don't have it and probably never will given how shiesty AT&T business practices are. But hey at least they've nearly tripled 4G data speeds to make up for their garbage 5G