This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are we not getting security updates in a regular Interval

sathishinsat2
Rising Star II
Asus, May I know the reason behind not sending security updates on regular interval? Do you think that security updates are not required to keep our phone secure from security threat?
When other leading brands are doing it properly, why not Asus? Can you share your problem or difficulty behind this delay. @Gustav_ASUS
Thanks
23 REPLIES 23

sathishinsat2
Rising Star II
@Gustav_ASUS , Happy to hear that. My question is related to delay in delivering security patch on time. Could you read the issue description and answer for all my questions.

Thanks

Kanu
Rising Star II
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/113696#Comment_113696

To give some perspective to everyone else who does understand what I have said, have a look at the firmware file sizes as it is not getting smaller is it. Running a software will always be bigger than the initial installation file. I have 12GB of RAM and I am using 4.9GB at the moment. For the guys who have the 8GB RAM, lets just say whenever new features come along or A11, it will struggle more. Don't be deluded because it bites back 😉

View post
6 gb ram phones have tons of more features (not bloatware) and they run perfectly fine. That's the stupidest excuse I've heard for lack of feature implementation.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Kanu

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/113708#Comment_113708

6 gb ram phones have tons of more features (not bloatware) and they run perfectly fine. That's the stupidest excuse I've heard for lack of feature implementation.

View post
When you say features, what kind of features are you talking about? Amazon, Netflix, YouTube?
You're not meant to have lots of features/apps on a gaming phone 😏 The flexibility gives you the power already to install what you want and not get forced to have things you dont want.
If you're talking about the lack of features for gaming, then I will give you that. Clearly you're not because there's no phone with 6GB of RAM considered as a gaming phone. 😂
The features I am talking about is what the phone (hardware) can do. Air triggers, the aero cooler, the accessories that you can use so that you're playing a console game, headphone jack on Rog 2. Unfortantely not 5G compatible, but wasnt a deal breaker. The bog standard features will be normal for all phones.
Going off on a tangent here, but that is why home built PCs will always be better than PCs that have been built for you.

Kanu
Rising Star II
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/113888#Comment_113888

When you say features, what kind of features are you talking about? Amazon, Netflix, YouTube?

You're not meant to have lots of features/apps on a gaming phone 😏 The flexibility gives you the power already to install what you want and not get forced to have things you dont want.

If you're talking about the lack of features for gaming, then I will give you that. Clearly you're not because there's no phone with 6GB of RAM considered as a gaming phone. 😂

The features I am talking about is what the phone (hardware) can do. Air triggers, the aero cooler, the accessories that you can use so that you're playing a console game, headphone jack on Rog 2. Unfortantely not 5G compatible, but wasnt a deal breaker. The bog standard features will be normal for all phones.

Going off on a tangent here, but that is why home built PCs will always be better than PCs that have been built for you.

View post
Bruh are you dumb? 3 finger screenshot. Ability to use any icon pack. Theme color changes without downloading from stupid theme store. Changing icon sizes. AOD customisations, fingerprint customisations. All these aren't bloatware my guy. And no one's gonna install singular apps for every function. Why spend 40k then. Yes the extra usb c and headphone jack is great but that's not where it ends and all these are just off the top of my head. Stop speaking bs.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Kanu

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/113929#Comment_113929

Bruh are you dumb? 3 finger screenshot. Ability to use any icon pack. Theme color changes without downloading from stupid theme store. Changing icon sizes. AOD customisations, fingerprint customisations. All these aren't bloatware my guy. And no one's gonna install singular apps for every function. Why spend 40k then. Yes the extra usb c and hwadph

View post
I agree with the launcher being outdated.
3 finger screenshot? Is this something from OnePlus? I can do it just by holding the recent apps button using 1 finger using the ASUS launcher. 🤣
You speak more sense than the other comments made so far to me. No, I am not dumb or speaking bs, this is your preference. No-one forced you to spend 40k on a phone. At such price, you would be wary of what you are buying.
And most importantly, where does the new features end? Shall we keep adding new extras in the phone until the phone do struggle? Can I get what I want too like a "What's New" app so we can see what new features are coming up? Might be useful for you and some others, but it might not work for others. These are the things that ASUS need to think about.
But lets keep this clean and discuss 🙂 I agree with the launcher and AOD (though I don't use AOD) updates though.
EDIT:// Clearly theres no need to continue with this discussion as everyone just want to squeeze things into the phone. That's personal preference and doesnt reflect everyones preference. The real comparison comes when people get A11, thats where we see people complaining about their phone being slow. I think we will tell when time comes. Good luck everyone, stay safe and see you all around on the forum.