This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volte for Rog2 USA

Bmk
Star I
So Asus charged 900$ for a device and it does not have basic communication feature like volte/vowifi 100$ like zte are supporting volte across all carriers but we can't get for Rog2 it's been an year and even Rog3 is being released
What's the point of selling device without phone feature (i alert all other members to look at the reviews of big tech YouTubers, none of them point out at this glaring omission)
This is my last asus device and will never be recommending it to anyone in USA.

Asus wants money but they can't work out an essential part of so called phone

12 REPLIES 12

Bmk
Star I
I have been listening to these lies by asus for years I even contacted their vp office in US

Asus is not small by any means its one of well known companies in USA

Small companies like zte (how many of them even know it), BLU who sell phones at 100 usd are selling phone so this argument of small and big companies itself is false one
So how can a company sell 900 usd phones which doesn't feature basic phone service? So you /they want money but okay we will update volte when we get a chance (it's been year if you consider product cycle as Rog3 is being released and we have same problem) rog did not have it rog2 doesn't have it

So why sell phones in a region when you cannot promise customers with connectivity options in 2020
Asus doesn't consider usa as their primary Market then they shouldn't sell phones and fool customers

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Not looking for agressive arguments, but I would love to discuss on this though with constructive means.
It is enabled for some carriers, but it's not available to all carriers unlike other flagship phones. I can probably imagine the negotiations that goes behind the doors of this and it will probably cost more to the manufacter (like ASUS) more in the long run as this is being advertised the gaming. You never know, ASUS might add more onto the list in the future, but it's probably not a quick task.
I think, like buying any phones, you should do some research into the phone you buy. I wanted a phone which has 5G, but I know what is coming to me when I brought this phone as I was looking at S20 Ultra too because of 5G. But I wanted something different which was why ASUS ROG 2 is the phone I chosen and not have 5G instead.
The choices is out there and it's really up to the person's preference. It was not forced. If a phone doesn't have all the features needed for everyday use, then it simple a no-go for the phone.

nationkid
Rising Star II
Bmk

I have been listening to these lies by asus for years I even contacted their vp office in US

Asus is not small by any means its one of well known companies in USA

Small companies like zte (how many of them even know it), BLU who sell phones at 100 usd are selling phone so this argument of small and big companies itself is false one

So how can a company sell 900 usd phones which doesn't feature basic phone service? So you /they want money but okay we will update volte when we get a chance (it's been year if you consider product cycle as Rog3 is being released and we have same problem) rog did not have it rog2 doesn't have it

So why sell phones in a region when you cannot promise customers with connectivity options in 2020

Asus doesn't consider usa as their primary Market then they shouldn't sell phones and fool customers

View post
Asus is not a small company, you're right. But Asus also is not the "typical" phone manufacturer which does not sell volumes of mobile devices compared to Sony, Samsung, Apple etc. So as explained by Anders would make alot of sense.

I really want Volte here in the UK but I think with time it will come (As seen in the last three updates of areas of europe alone being added). I think over time they will get the coverage but its not easy talking to every different phone network across the world to set up VoLTE when your not well known to the providers, especially if sells are lower and they'd rather focus on the new samsung phone for example.

I agree with Ronald, some research is needed into the phone but this is really focused as a gaming one and its a niche area which not all people will look for. Heck I did not know Asus did a phone until I saw someone in Japan with their first ROG phone.

long_gregg
Star I
So yesterday I got an email from ATT telling me that my phone does not support their new networks - which while they did not explain it in the email but it has to be the shutdown of 3G and requiring VoLTE. They said I will need a new phone soon or I will be unable to make calls. So this phone isn't even a year old. There are four year old flip phones that have VoLTE. Asus needs to spend what ever money needed to update the ROG 2 on AT&T and T-Mobile to support VoLTE. Either that or they should offer a full refund to owners. This seems like grounds for a class action lawsuit to me based on a violation of the implied Warranty of Merchantability

nationkid
Rising Star II
long.gregg

So yesterday I got an email from ATT telling me that my phone does not support their new networks - which while they did not explain it in the email but it has to be the shutdown of 3G and requiring VoLTE. They said I will need a new phone soon or I will be unable to make calls. So this phone isn't even a year old. There are four year old flip phones that have VoLTE. Asus needs to spend what ever money needed to update the ROG 2 on AT&T and T-Mobile to support VoLTE. Either that or they should offer a full refund to owners. This seems like grounds for a class action lawsuit to me based on a violation of the implied Warranty of Merchantability

View post
May be worth contacting support and seeing what they see, this may push them to really work hard on VoLTE.