This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB file transfer to SD card not working

Agiel81
Star I
Using Asus ROG 2, I used to be able to transfer files from my phone to an SD Card by connecting directly to the USB. Now for some reason file transfer is no longer working and the USB settings wont allow me to change anything. Is this new with the latest update? Are you working on a fix?
========================================

12 REPLIES 12

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@Agiel81 Are you using a third party SD card reader connected to your ROG Phone II using USB?

Agiel81
Star I
Gustav_ASUS

@Agiel81 Are you using a third party SD card reader connected to your ROG Phone II using USB?

View post
I'm using a J5 Create dongle thing to plug into usb type c and then I insert the SD card. I used ZArchiver to read the SD card and move files, games movies etc. From my phone to the SD card. I e had no issues until this latest update recently. Now it just charges, it is set to no data transfer and I can't change the setting.

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@Agiel81 I would recommend you clear cache files system-wide and reboot your device, then try again.
Settings -> Advanced -> Mobile Manager -> Cleanup -> Scan cache -> Clean -> Reboot device
If that does not do the trick, please consider backing up your personal data and perform a factory reset.
There's a possiblity that moving from A10 to A11 introduced a compatibility issue with your accessory, but it shouldn't have.

Agiel81
Star I
Gustav_ASUS

@Agiel81 I would recommend you clear cache files system-wide and reboot your device, then try again.

Settings -> Advanced -> Mobile Manager -> Cleanup -> Scan cache -> Clean -> Reboot device

If that does not do the trick, please consider backing up your personal data and perform a factory reset.

There's a possiblity that moving from A10 to A11 introduced a compatibility issue with your accessory, but it shouldn't have.

View post
I've cleared the cache files, I've tried a different sim card and still no changes, usb is set to no data transfer still. I put the J5 Create into my ipad and it could read the SD card ok. I'm not keen on a factory reset, is there a way to go back to the previous update? My phone has 500gb of data, a lot to back up.