This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System update failed (Your system is reverted to its original configuration)

BlueHunt
Zen Master I
The latest FOTA Version 2007.27 is not getting downloaded. System update is indeed detecting the .27 Firmware FOTA but after hitting the "Update" button, its showing "System update failed" popup with a message showing "Your system is reverted to its original configuration".

Screenshot is attached :

P.S. : After facing the problem, I cleared the cache and the data of the "FOTAService" system app and restarted the device. But after restarting, the issue is still happening.

Kindly look into the matter dear ROG team.

screenshot-20200717-025519082.jpg

38 REPLIES 38

andcole70
Star I
I'm having the exact same problem. However, when I look for the update on either Asus website, it's not there.
Is the update real?

iqbalksah
Star III
Tech_Talk

The latest FOTA Version 2007.27 is not getting downloaded. System update is indeed detecting the .27 Firmware FOTA but after hitting the "Update" button, its showing "System update failed" popup with a message showing "Your system is reverted to its original configuration".

Screenshot is attached :

P.S. : After facing the problem, I cleared the cache and the data of the "FOTAService" system app and restarted the device. But after restarting, the issue is still happening.

Kindly look into the matter dear ROG team.

screenshot-20200717-025519082.jpg

System update failed (Your system is reverted to its original configuration)
screenshot-20200717-034045401.jpg
Hmm. Hopefully asus try to fix this

BlueHunt
Zen Master I
andcole70

I'm having the exact same problem. However, when I look for the update on either Asus website, it's not there.

Is the update real?

View post
Asus has taken down the update from its FOTA Server as well as from the support page for manual update.

They must have noticed some critical bugs for which they did it. Since it was uploaded on the server, the system update is detecting the update notification but the download is getting failed due to the non availability of the update file at the server side.

Those who have already updated to it, they might face some prominent bugs, like some other user already reported that his ROG 2 is heating up like a toaster just after updating to the .27 version.

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@Tech_Talk Can you PM me your SN and IEMI numbers?