This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Updates

dj_darshan53
Star II
Well i wanted to use rog phone 2 so i upgraded from oneplus 6 to it . But than it came as an bad thing jist because of its firmware / software updates they are so damn slow got android 10 after almost 6-7 months of release whereas oneplus 7t which launched alongside rog 2 got it inside the box and now its been gone all august and half september but still no security patch updates also for august so i wont even ask for september im tired so just gonna switch to oneplus again #soon
36 REPLIES 36

ronald1985
Community Legend I
dj.darshan53

Well i wanted to use rog phone 2 so i upgraded from oneplus 6 to it . But than it came as an bad thing jist because of its firmware / software updates they are so damn slow got android 10 after almost 6-7 months of release whereas oneplus 7t which launched alongside rog 2 got it inside the box and now its been gone all august and half september but still no security patch updates also for august so i wont even ask for september im tired so just gonna switch to oneplus again #soon

Slow Updates
It sounds like you have ran into a security problem which was fixed in August. May I ask which security issue was you concerned about? Maybe I have the same issue too.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/35558/slow-updates

It sounds like you have ran into a security problem which was fixed in August. May I ask which security issue was you concerned about? Maybe I have the same issue too.

View post
Sorry, I want to add something else too. There's a phone which rolls out patches even more quicker than OnePlus. That's nothing but Google itself. The Google Pixel. You will get the preview version of Androids and even get the stable release first. Security updates will get rolled out quicker because afterall, Android is Google.

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
We have a FOTA coming to ROG II in September that will include an updated security patch.

dj_darshan53
Star II
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/113014#Comment_113014

Sorry, I want to add something else too. There's a phone which rolls out patches even more quicker than OnePlus. That's nothing but Google itself. The Google Pixel. You will get the preview version of Androids and even get the stable release first. Security updates will get rolled out quicker because afterall, Android is Google.

View post
Yeah bcoz google creates android so obviously they will give their phones first priority but everyone else is getting android 11 with not even premium but mid range and budget ones too but asus dont even give security updates on time so why to even expect android updates we rog 2 users got android 10 after 6 months while mid range phones got earlier than us