potatosubwoofer
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone II
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: Occasionally
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I have had this issue since I bought this phone brand new in 2019 where after some time (usually in instagram, reddit or chrome) where the touch screen stops responding correctly. I have the "Show touch points" on and I can see it is detecting touches all over the screen in arbitrary places instead of where I am actually touching it.
The display and the programs running are all fine and responding correctly to the touches, it's just that the touch screen itself is detecting incorrect touches all over the screen causing random things to open or be tapped, etc.
The only workaround I have found is to restart the device, and then the problem goes away for a while until it does it randomly again. This could be minutes or days between occurrences.
I suspect it could be a memory issue since it generally only happens when I have scrolled very far in an app like, for example, a very long news feed.
Has anyone else experienced this or know's what to do?
6 REPLIES 6

Swaraj
Rising Star II
potatosubwoofer

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ROG Phone II
  2. Firmware Version:
  3. Rooted or not: Not
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Occasionally
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

I have had this issue since I bought this phone brand new in 2019 where after some time (usually in instagram, reddit or chrome) where the touch screen stops responding correctly. I have the "Show touch points" on and I can see it is detecting touches all over the screen in arbitrary places instead of where I am actually touching it.

The display and the programs running are all fine and responding correctly to the touches, it's just that the touch screen itself is detecting incorrect touches all over the screen causing random things to open or be tapped, etc.

The only workaround I have found is to restart the device, and then the problem goes away for a while until it does it randomly again. This could be minutes or days between occurrences.

I suspect it could be a memory issue since it generally only happens when I have scrolled very far in an app like, for example, a very long news feed.

Has anyone else experienced this or know's what to do?

Screen touch registers multiple touches after some time
yep. Already filed report as ghost touch, but they dont care, there will be no fix for it. Temporary fix for me is locking and unlocking screen.

potatosubwoofer
Rising Star II
That fix does not work for me. The only way to return to normal operation is to restart the phone 🙄

potatosubwoofer
Rising Star II
An update: I have experienced the glitch in chrome and in facebook, and the trick of turning the display off and then on actually works.
But the problem of glitching in Instagram or Reddit still remains so the only fix for that as far as I can tell is turning the whole device off and then on again.
It's really quite frustrating. I hope Asus has a fix for it

Swaraj
Rising Star II
potatosubwoofer

An update: I have experienced the glitch in chrome and in facebook, and the trick of turning the display off and then on actually works.

But the problem of glitching in Instagram or Reddit still remains so the only fix for that as far as I can tell is turning the whole device off and then on again.

It's really quite frustrating. I hope Asus has a fix for it

View post
I knew turning display off and back on works most of the times for me to fix ghost touch issue. But this issue will never be recognised by asus bcuz this glitch has been for more than 2 years and their only reply is to visit service centre rather than looking into software.