This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog2 restart, dead, freeze issue, look here

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
So since this is a common thing by now. I'll explain real quick whats going on here so you what to do.
The defect is the power IC located on your logicboard inside the phone, however it's not exacly the powerchip itself that is dying, which I believed was the case, but whats actually happening is the cheap solder used in the Rog phone starts to deteriate and loosen from the board or even, in the absolute worst and unluckiest case will break off solder and short your SoC. This issue is mostly affected by very early global units and nearly all tencent models.
Most phones will do fine by simply getting a new power IC soldered onto the logicboard and those who are really unlucky need to source a new SD 855 chip.

8 REPLIES 8

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
ZT-cd5996a0

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/222177#Comment_222177

Any chance you can send me internal shots of the issue or a vid of someone attempting a fix? I'm comfortable to take mine apart and attempt to fix the issue, have a soldering kit at hand, or a heater if the existing solder just need reflowing.

It would make it easier to know what I'm looking for.

Also if someone from Asus could reply, it would be great.

View post
There are countless vids on youtube.

amansh1004
Rising Star I
Danishblunt

So since this is a common thing by now. I'll explain real quick whats going on here so you what to do.

The defect is the power IC located on your logicboard inside the phone, however it's not exacly the powerchip itself that is dying, which I believed was the case, but whats actually happening is the cheap solder used in the Rog phone starts to deteriate and loosen from the board or even, in the absolute worst and unluckiest case will break off solder and short your SoC. This issue is mostly affected by very early global units and nearly all tencent models.

Most phones will do fine by simply getting a new power IC soldered onto the logicboard and those who are really unlucky need to source a new SD 855 chip.

Rog2 restart, dead, freeze issue, look here
bro if u are from india can u please tell me from where i can get this charging ic...plz help me out bro 😭

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
amansh1004

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/62658/rog2-restart-dead-freeze-issue-look-here

bro if u are from india can u please tell me from where i can get this charging ic...plz help me out bro 😭

View post
Get it from aliexpress or so. However chances are high that a simply reflow could easily fix it again. If you cant source the chip, then open it, reflow it with a heatgun and it might work for another 2 years just fine again.

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.