Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rog phone stuck on certain version cant update or downgrade

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus ROG Phone II 
Firmware Version: 17.0240.2108.103 android 10
Rooted or not: idk tbh
Frequency of Occurrence: well every time i try to update ?
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): google pay ect
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
so short story i guess would be that my phone broke i went to get it repaired i did and i also asked for android 10 cause i saw that there were updates for it got it back after 2 months then now am trying to setup google pay or install McDonalds app {for free drinks } and it says my phone is rooted so i tried to update it and well it says system update failed and i tried everything i saw online and haven't fixed it yet i need it for school so if someone knows how to fix pls tell me how to .
2 REPLIES 2

keren_ASUS
Hi roksarastauskas,
I apologize for the inconvenience this is causing you. When you update it do you put the zip file in the root directory of your phone?

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.