Raider01
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG PHONE II
Firmware Version: 17.0240.2009.49_0
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Multiple times in a week
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I am really frustrated with this issue and I had even went to SC but as they couldn't find why this was restarting, they just did a factory reset and gave me my device back. But even for this, they took about 10-12 days.
My warranty is going to expire in some days and I can't risk it any more.
This was my thread which was closed by mods.
Raider01

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ROG Phone II
  2. Firmware Version: 17.0240.2007.27
  3. Rooted or not: Not rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Once in some weeks
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

============================

============

The phone has two issues. i.e.

1. It automatically restarts. It's totally random and usually it's just a quick reboot. But once. icons, wallpapers and theme switched back to default
  2. It automatically freezes. The second issue is the main one. It just freezes randomly and nothing works. Touch doesn't respond, power buttons don't respond and even if I keep it at charging, no response whatsoever. Even if I hold the power button for a minute or two, it doesn't restart. I connected the phone from bottom port to PC and ran adb. It didn't detect. I connected sideport and tried adb with that and it showed in adb for some seconds and went off again, while still being frozen. One thing I noticed was that the back rgb kept blinking red colour.
Luckily, I was able to make a video of the whole thing using my old device, which can be used for analysis. The device did restart after a long while but it's the second time this has happened and there's some serious issue with it. The Service Center is a little far away and the phone number they've provided is not reachable so any help is appreciated.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/XIUDCJWWMFE4/vid-20200814-094021.mp4

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/AIGCTGMA1E0Y/vid-20200814-095116.mp4

Phone freezing automatically

I have already visited service center once and the motherboard needs to be replaced obviously but they won't do it. Please help or else my warranty will expire and I'll have no other choice. It's restarting more frequently now.

@Anders_ASUS @ARP_ASUS @AMOL
4 REPLIES 4

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi,
I have already sent you a DM please check and share the details.

s_m_y_king20
Star I
Please share me the same my asus rog 2 gets freezed and it does not even responda and aome times it reatarts automatically and cannot use this phone while on charging because the whole screen starts blinking.

s_m_y_king20
Star I
Please share me the same my asus rog 2 gets freezed and it does not even responda and aome times it reatarts automatically and cannot use this phone while on charging because the whole screen starts blinking.
@ARP_ASUS @ander0727 @AMOL
@Anders_ASUS

Same with me, i bought ROG 2 in August 2020 at first there is no problem and then after updating to Android 10 the phone will automatically shuting down if i used it while charging.
I have tried to rollback from firmware Version WW-17.0240.2009.49 to ANdroid 9 firmware WW-18.0631.2001.64-1.1.92 but it keeps shuting down when i used it while charging. Even in normal temperature, after open screen lock in several seconds it will shuting down.
My cable works fine, and the adapter works fine, tried it in other adapter and cable the problem still occurs.
Come on ASUS you are a multinational company with hundres of technicians engineers, can you figure out something?