Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
- Model Name: ROG Phone II
- Firmware Version: 17.0240.2007.27
- Rooted or not: Not rooted
- Frequency of Occurrence: Once in some weeks
- APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
The phone has two issues. i.e.
- It automatically restarts. It's totally random and usually it's just a quick reboot. But once. icons, wallpapers and theme switched back to default
- It automatically freezes. The second issue is the main one. It just freezes randomly and nothing works. Touch doesn't respond, power buttons don't respond and even if I keep it at charging, no response whatsoever. Even if I hold the power button for a minute or two, it doesn't restart. I connected the phone from bottom port to PC and ran adb. It didn't detect. I connected sideport and tried adb with that and it showed in adb for some seconds and went off again, while still being frozen. One thing I noticed was that the back rgb kept blinking red colour.
Luckily, I was able to make a video of the whole thing using my old device, which can be used for analysis. The device did restart after a long while but it's the second time this has happened and there's some serious issue with it. The Service Center is a little far away and the phone number they've provided is not reachable so any help is appreciated.
Phone freezing automatically