This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog Phone II not receiving calls or texts until way later

jarodtmoore
Star I
Hey everyone, I'm trying to fix a issue with my ROG Phone II it works wonderfully with games however when it comes to texting I don't receive texts until way later or until I restart my phone and calls sometimes go straight to voicemail despite having full bars and 4g. I'm on T-Mobile. I've tried telling the auto manager not to optimize them, making sure I'm always in x mode, etc and I can't seem to figure it out. Any tips?
5 REPLIES 5

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
When you notice this happening, can you test by making a call to someone from your phone, and then asking them to text or call you afterwards? Does that resolve the error?

Volodesi
Rising Star II
Sounds similar to what I have. I am on Google Fi using T-Mobile portion. Since the phone doesn't support US Cellular/Sprint on Google Fi.

If I am on WiFi.. everything is fine - Since Google Fi can use WiFi calling.

If I am out and about. If I make a call. It takes a good 15-20 seconds for the call to start.. it shows my LTE symbol drop and change to an H. This process of changing from LTE to H takes awhile. But the call starts once it does. I get around this by just using Hangouts to receive and make calls. Since that's what Google Fi likes.
But using the normal built-in dialer takes forever to use. If I receive a call on Mobile I lose data service pretty much instantly as it drops LTE and slowly switches to H again to receive the call.

jasonneiva
Star I
Same issue if you ever figured out how to fix it, I just got in crap for ignoring a friend and not responding. They sent screen caps and I'm only getting 75% of my texts.

jasonneiva
Star I
Same issue if you ever figured out how to fix it, I just got in crap for ignoring a friend and not responding. They sent screen caps and I'm only getting 75% of my texts.