This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 2 stuck in booting sequence

arongelo0617
Star I
I have the ultimate edition, the phone just shuts down on it's on and i have to turn it on again, this happens at least once or twice a day, until the last one which got me stuck in a booting sequence, i tried to boot it in recovery mode when i got the error "failed to open /dev//bootdevice/by-name/misc". How exactly do i fix this?
3 REPLIES 3

ronald1985
Community Legend I
arongelo0617

I have the ultimate edition, the phone just shuts down on it's on and i have to turn it on again, this happens at least once or twice a day, until the last one which got me stuck in a booting sequence, i tried to boot it in recovery mode when i got the error "failed to open /dev//bootdevice/by-name/misc". How exactly do i fix this?

ROG Phone 2 stuck in booting sequence
Can you get into Recovery? If so, I would try to get to factory reset from there.
If problems presists, then I would suggest going to service centre because it sounds like a disk issue.

arongelo0617
Star I
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/37170/rog-phone-2-stuck-in-booting-sequence

Can you get into Recovery? If so, I would try to get to factory reset from there.

If problems presists, then I would suggest going to service centre because it sounds like a disk issue.

View post
I gave up on trying to get the phone to boot after posting this question. Tried again a few hours later and somehow the phone turned on without doing a factory reset.
It hasn't died on its own yet for now but I'm expecting it to happen again.
I noticed the shutdowns happened after i updated to Android 10 though im not sure if that has anything to do with it as other folks experienced similar issues even before they updated.

arongelo0617
Star I
And as i expected it died again today.
Doesn't really look like i have any other choice except going to a service center.