This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 2 shutdown while charging - 2021

annson
Star I
Anyone still having the issue where the phone shutdown while charging? you could be gaming, viewing Facebook or doing nothing at all but once you start charging it will shutdown and if you try to turn it on while charging it will shutdown again in a few sec.
It started to happen to me in July this year 2021 for about a month now. if any confirm fix solution please share, thanks

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG2
Firmware Version: Andrion 10, 17.0240.2107.100
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: yes when charging
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): no apps open when charging

8 REPLIES 8

ronald1985
Community Legend I
annson

Anyone still having the issue where the phone shutdown while charging? you could be gaming, viewing Facebook or doing nothing at all but once you start charging it will shutdown and if you try to turn it on while charging it will shutdown again in a few sec.

It started to happen to me in July this year 2021 for about a month now. if any confirm fix solution please share, thanks

1. Model Name: ROG2
  2. Firmware Version: Andrion 10, 17.0240.2107.100
  3. Rooted or not: no
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: yes when charging
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): no apps open when charging

The advice given by the moderators is to go to the service centre.

annson
Star I
i see that sucks, were in lockdown now....nothing is open. anyway thanks for the info

Irene2_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi @annson,
As suggested previously you need to contact a local ASUS Service Center about this issue.
We understand that the pandemic might make this hard but as a first step you can contact them by phone or email and explain the issue to them.

akkashsaini
Rising Star I
annson

1. Model Name: ROG2
  2. Firmware Version: Andrion 10, 17.0240.2107.100
  3. Rooted or not: no
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: yes when charging
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): no apps open when charging

Same thing happened with me after year talk with asus support I visited sc that was 100+km far away they software and now same issue happed again I connected them they told me to visit sc and check it again asking about expense he told me I can only try for free chackup that cost rs 500. My travel to there will cost me 2k and if it's hardware worth to visit as their faulty hardware cost more then this phone cost me so mine trust on asus is gone now I'm telling my friends not to invest in such company that made faulty devices to ruin ur money and moreover waste time