Rog Phone 2 Serious Crash and Failure

Keshav
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog Phone 2
Firmware Version:ANdroid 10, July 5, 2020 Security Updated
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Very very frequent
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): All places which have a video call (WHatsapp, Facebook, Duo)
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Whenever a whatsapp voice call or video call is amde, the phone freezes temporarily. And that happens in succession (you try whatsapp video call, phone freezes, then try facebook messenger call, phone freezes, then try DUO), then phone crashes after that. And then it swiches off, then turns on automatically, then gets stuck on the boot screen (Asus ROG screen) and takes anywhere between 40 to 90 minutes, and then switches on.

Its the worst kind of experience.
I previously also reported my phone switching off, and not turning back on for more than a day (during initial Lockdown days), but it got fixed after a day automatically.
Its the worst feeling to have this issues, and despite this phone being so awesome in so many ways, I definitely regret buying this.

3 REPLIES 3

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Keshav

1. Model Name: Rog Phone 2
  2. Firmware Version:ANdroid 10, July 5, 2020 Security Updated
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Very very frequent
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): All places which have a video call (WHatsapp, Facebook, Duo)

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

Whenever a whatsapp voice call or video call is amde, the phone freezes temporarily. And that happens in succession (you try whatsapp video call, phone freezes, then try facebook messenger call, phone freezes, then try DUO), then phone crashes after that. And then it swiches off, then turns on automatically, then gets stuck on the boot screen (Asus ROG screen) and takes anywhere between 40 to 90 minutes, and then switches on.

I previously also reported my phone switching off, and not turning back on for more than a day (during initial Lockdown days), but it got fixed after a day automatically.

Its the worst feeling to have this issues, and despite this phone being so awesome in so many ways, I definitely regret buying this.

Hello,
Can you look to back up your data, and perform a factory reset and see if you get the same issue. You should not have any apps, just to see if it happens.
If it does happen, then I recommend you go to the service centre. If it doesn't, then you will need to install the app one at a time to see which one is causing the problem.

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Keshav

1. Model Name: Rog Phone 2
  2. Firmware Version:ANdroid 10, July 5, 2020 Security Updated
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Very very frequent
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): All places which have a video call (WHatsapp, Facebook, Duo)

Sounds like a motherboard issue try visiting a service centre
If it's still under warranty I guess they'll replace it for free

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi, sorry to hear about this.
Kindly visit the nearest service center:
Due to the lockdown, service centers may not be functional. Kindly call the service center before you visit one.
https://www.asus.com/in/support/service-center/india