This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 2 Screen Burn In - Clarification Required.

aabs22
Star III
AT7XVYR7C6CD.jpg
Hi All,
So I have been using the ROG Phone 2 for a while now and started noticing the Screen Burn-In which is disappointing.
I know this issue is common among AMOLED displays but this is the first phone that I actually noticed this issue, Have been using Oneplus and Samsung Note series of phones before with AMOLED displays. I was hoping for a phone that is desgined specifically for long hours Gaming sessions should have been worked on somehow to mitigate or minimize this. 😞
Anyway, was just hoping if this will be covered under warranty or am I going to be stuck with this FOREVER.

Thanks in advance!
11 REPLIES 11

tajindergill_00
Star II
Well i think they will change so you better go to the service center and while gaming dont keep the brightness to full keep it a little low and less thum pressure on screen it will help u and do let as know about the replacement of screen

julienvd93
Rising Star II
The complete screen and glass are actually quite cheap on AliExpress lol 😛

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
I'm sorry this has happened to you. It's the downside with AMOLED but to my knowledge, this is the first case that I've seen in this forum. There is one other thread that I know of but his "burn-in" didn't really look like a burn-in.
Regardless of the nature of whatever defect your screens might have, you need to contact the support in your country. I can't comment here if it's within warranty or not. It's up to them to take a look and determine if it will be covered or not.

aabs22
Star III
Anders_ASUS

I'm sorry this has happened to you. It's the downside with AMOLED but to my knowledge, this is the first case that I've seen in this forum. There is one other thread that I know of but his "burn-in" didn't really look like a burn-in.

Regardless of the nature of whatever defect your screens might have, you need to contact the support in your country. I can't comment here if it's within warranty or not. It's up to them to take a look and determine if it will be covered or not.

View post

May be the first case but certainly not going to be the last am afraid, as you said AMOLED and the Burn-In on AMOLED displays are a common thing which I got to know after a simple Google search but it was already too late for me. If not now but eventually alot of users are going to possibly report this sooner or later. ASUS being a lead player in this field should have done their R&D. It's a phone designed for GAMING and they should have thought it through that most of the customers are gonna be GAMERS. If you ask me had I known about AMOLED and its drawbacks I wouldnt have suggested to go with it for any phones designed for GAMING let alone ROG2. Now I have to run behind Service centres if its not known but after-sales service is pathetic here and its heart breaking to imagine my new phone is going to be possibly ripped and hope for it to come back in one piece. Frustrated and Disappointed to be honest. I dont have the privilege of time to spare but will try to reach out to some Service outlets and see how my luck turna out to be. Thanks!

Not applicable
aabs22

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/39443#Comment_39443

May be the first case but certainly not going to be the last am afraid, as you said AMOLED and the Burn-In on AMOLED displays are a common thing which I got to know after a simple Google search but it was already too late for me. If not now but eventually alot of users are going to possibly report this sooner or later. ASUS being a lead player in this field should have done their R&D. It's a phone designed for GAMING and they should have thought it through that most of the customers are gonna be GAMERS. If you ask me had I known about AMOLED and its drawbacks I wouldnt have suggested to go with it for any phones designed for GAMING let alone ROG2. Now I have to run behind Service centres if its not known but after-sales service is pathetic here and its heart breaking to imagine my new phone is going to be possibly ripped and hope for it to come back in one piece. Frustrated and Disappointed to be honest. I dont have the privilege of time to spare but will try to reach out to some Service outlets and see how my luck turna out to be. Thanks!

View post
can i ask which charger do you use while gaming? Official asus charger or other charger. I play heavy games like PUBG Mobile and my phone reaches 47° C while charging WITH OFFICIAL 18W CHARGER. I tried out oneplus charger and my phone temperature was reaching upto 53° C which might be harmful for the device. i suggest you to not use other charger while gaming to prevent damage.