This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Phone 2 screen Black out issue.

rohan_kvs
Star II
My Rog Phone 2 screen automatically goes dark but I can still hear apps running and can interact with the screen if know where the buttons are.
This started a week ago while Playing PUBG. The screen went completely black but I could still hear what was going on. Recently it has been happening even during charging .
I decided to find the source and in doing so I found that whenever the temperature goes beyond 42°C , the screen goes dark. Sometimes to such an extent that I have to soft reboot to get it working. It usually becomes normal after the temperature drops to 41°C and below. I further Confirmed this was related to temperature by running 3D Mark GPU test, and as soon as temperature hit 42°C, my screen went dark. Also Game Genie stops running (air triggers included) after the screen regains display.
The other threads referring to Screen blackouts during charging and gaming may also have a similar issue and yes, I ran the GPU test after the April 5 security patch update and still the results were same.
Kindly look into this.
Thank you.
EDIT: This does not happen when screen recording is on. I tried running GPU test again with screen recording and the display never blacked out even though the temperature touched 44°C at some point.

27 REPLIES 27

rohan_kvs
Star II
sauravshanbhogue

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/95815#Comment_95815

Thanks for the update. Did you visit the service centre? Also no option for replacement or did you specifically ask for refund? Did you get the refund?

View post
They offered me a replacement via mail which took forever to arrive. So I mailed them citing my need for the phone and they offered a refund instead. You'll have to submit the device at your service center first. I received a refund within 7 days.

Same issue fix it

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
I'm closing this thread with a final reminder for new users finding this thread:
If you're experiencing freeze/restart issues with your device, especially if they manifest at temperatures above 39 °C, please visit a local service center and have your device looked at.